The Bush Family Vacation 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
bushboys.jpg

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Estimated time of death for this thread...10 more minutes.

I get the joke, Ray. It's ridiculous and that's the humor. I think the powers that be will shut 'er down though.

- Jeff

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
If we can't find humor in our world's tradegies, 80% of the population would end up putting a bullet in their heads. Consider my post political in nature as opposed to making lite of the devistation.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing missing in the picture is the Governor and Mayor. But then again the picture shows at least Bush is doing something which is more then what the local government did so maybe it's appropriate to leave them out.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah that was circulating around work earlier this week. Bush haters will think it's funny, Bush supporters will think it's stupid.

MikeF

Enlightened
Last edited:

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
this_is_nascar said:
If we can't find humor in our world's tradegies, 80% of the population would end up putting a bullet in their heads.

I think it stupid but I have to admit that I laughed. I agree with this_is_nascar

Last edited:

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I laughed also. I don't like Bush but I would have laughed if it had been Bill and Hillary because the picture is so absurd and incongruous, which supposedly are two common elments of humor.

Brightnorm

Topper

Flashaholic*
I fail to see the humor. In fact I found it quite disrespectful. I have no problem with those that think this is funny I hope everyone checks in to say what they think.
Topper

Empath

Flashaholic
Humor at the expense of the victims would be in bad taste. Bush wasn't a victim. There may be some that find it politically offensive, but casual everyday political cartoons can be much more severe in their expression.

For those predicting the death of this thread, it really depends on the behavior of the thread itself, and not the cartoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.