MAG85 vs SF M6 with 500 lumen lamp

XenonM3

Enlightened
Hi guys,

I just received my turnkey Mag85 from Litho a couple days ago, and what can I say...this light is freakin bright!

I don't have a SF M6 yet and was wondering if you M6 owners with a Mag85 too, would tell me which is brighter in terms of overall output?.

:thanks: for any info

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a SF, but one night I was able to compare my 85 with fresh batteries next to a spot light on a patrol car (door mounted) and at close range they weren't far apart. I love my 85, built from parts from Litho, author of the longest GB ever :p

litho123

Enlightened
webley445 said:
I love my 85, built from parts from Litho, author of the longest GB ever :p

:sweat: Whew! I'm glad that GB is officially over. In fact, this week I was reviewing/adjusting the assorted invoices from the GB and sent the remaining balance to Carley this weekend. So, it is truly done and over with! :party:

I'm glad you guys enjoy the Mag85. Keep showing your friends how a REAL flashlight performs!

:sleepy:

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Mag85 with high current cells would spank the M6's 600ish lumens on fresh cells provided that the Mag has UCL/Borofloat lens and good reflector. A mag85 on consumer cells produce less than the M6.

My Mag85, when equiped with the FM 3" head, makes a police cruiser light look underpowered...

Nick

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha,ha Litho!! At least you know you served a good cause and made ALOT of CPF'ers happy and grateful. Also I saw a post in BST/Lights where someone was looking for 1185's. There was a link to a site that sells potted Carley bulbs. Stats stated 1185 was somewhere in the 800+ lumen range.
YEEHA, ride like the wind Bullseye!!:rock:
(always did wonder how much I was putting out)

hey, here's a Mag85 story. There was a guy at my last job who had a Brinkman Legend. Thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, until I showed him my G2. I ended up selling him one of my spare G2's. He liked it but was always complaining that he wanted something small that put out like his 2 mil spotlight. Always comparing the G2 to it. Until I brought my 85.
funny, he never talked lights with me after seeing what it could do.:naughty: