Maybe we all should be more careful what we post here.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seen a lot of thread closures here lately and I think we should have a little more respect for the moderators and the valuable time they put into CPF and try not to waste it as much. EDIT: My first posts contained specific examples of types of posts I thought the moderators might find offensive and perhaps it was wrong with me to offer an opinion of subject matter in this regard. The point I am trying to present is that maybe we all should think twice sometimes before posting certain thread subjects. In fact, I probably should have thought twice before posting this but I feel sorry for the moderators.

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
geepondy said:
I seen a lot of thread closures here lately and I think we should have a little more respect for the moderators and the valuable time they put into CPF and try not to waste it as much. Even though I have personally disagreed with some of the thread closures, I will not question the moderators as the place is far better with them then without. There may be some gray line posting that goes on which I certainly have been guilty of but some things are obvious posts that are ripe for closure. For instance, any political satire and likewise for any posts that contain specific if even vague threats of physical harm. I know I'm going to try to be a little more careful of some of the things I say. I find the cafe a valuable resource of information as I have read amazing advice from computer repair, to cookware and lots of subject in between. I'm not trying to knock any particular individuals like I said, I have made some posts I shouldn't have as well.

Obviously, you have an issue with the political cartoon that I posted. May I ask why you feel you have a right to have an opinion of a good/bad post and others do not? What you're suggesting is you've seen posts that in your opinon are inappropriate. That's fine and the answer to address your concern is not to read them. Just as you may find my post to be questionable, I find your post worse, because it suggests your opinions are more important or more valuable than mine.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ray I personally don't have an issue with the post but from experience from what I see in threads that get closed here, yes I think it was a thread ripe for closure. But I agree, I probably should not have posted specific examples so I will go and edit my original post. Very sorry if I offended you and yes, I certainly think your posts and opinions are valuable!

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Everythings gonna be alright. What that saying about opinions... :naughty:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
All I know is I typed a long and considered response to Ray's thread as Topper suggested we chime in with our opinion. Went to post and Empath had closed it. :D

I love wasting time typing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead:

Yeah, maybe we should be so careful that we don't type anything, offend anyone or heaven forbid, be misunderstood! :nana:

I have no answers or questions; merely a hunger. Perhaps I should go eat. :) :wave:

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know about any political cartoon.

I did notice that that there was a lot of off color language and imagery in the recent joke contest (for the giveaways) which I think violated a lot of normal posting standards. I didn't think using the Scottish spelling for the f-word and the s-word made it OK to use them outside the Underground.

There are certainly forums where all manner of language and threats, implied and actual, are the norm. But they usually don't have much useful (in the sense of things I care to do) to contribute on any real or technical issues. I like that we're mostly adult (even our very young ones), technical, rational and constructive compared to those.

Brock

Flashaholic
I did it. I don't think it had gone off the deep end yet but was heading that way. Maybe I was trigger happy, but I would rather close it then have members upset with one another when that wasn't the intent (I don't think so anyway) of the post in the first place. I was trying to avoid confrontations and feelings. We have the underground for that...

McGizmo

Flashaholic
McGizmo makes apology to Empath for assuming that post by Empath after said closure was smoking gun. McGizmo thanks Empath for providing reason for closure in his post even though closure was not of his doing. McGizmo is not comfortable in third person so he leaves to find first person. :wave: