Urban Exploration

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know of any good placesin Georgia to explore and put to use the many LED flashlight I have?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Re: Urban exploring in Georgia

i live on lake lanier its fun to play with lights here

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

raggie33 said:
i live on lake lanier its fun to play with lights here

Lake Lanier is a fun place to play, period. What about caves or abandoned buildings?

raggie33

*the raggedier*

theres houses and stuff under the lake i sometimes when i am a fish move inn this one house its right under thompson bridge road there is even a couch in it but the bigest catfish is in it

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

raggie33 said:
theres houses and stuff under the lake i sometimes when i am a fish move inn this one house its right under thompson bridge road there is even a couch in it but the bigest catfish is in it

:huh2: :laughing: How can I be a fish?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Of course, we all know not to promote or encourage illegal activities but UE is an interesting subject. I just said that as a heads up because we may get a cautionary post if we aren't careful about the subject matter.

These guys might be able to give you some interesting facts. UER_Forum

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Icebreak said:
Of course, we all know not to promote or encourage illegal activities but UE is an interesting subject. I just said that as a heads up because we may get a cautionary post if we aren't careful about the subject matter.

These guys might be able to give you some interesting facts. UER_Forum

Thanks Icebreak.

pradeep1

Enlightened

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

pradeep1 said:
Stone Mountain Park after dark in winter (gets dark fast). Camping in Providence Canyon (near Lumpkin, GA). Lake Lanier (hey raggie, I didn't know you are so close). Rock Eagle (near Eatonton about half way off of I-20 going towards Augusta). Manchester Mill (see here: http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3257671 and here http://www.friendsofsweetwatercreek.org/mill.html

Nice Photos! I wish my lowely Canon powershot s500 could create such beautiful pictures. Thanks for the ideas. I was just at Stone Mountain earlier this week with the family. :)

pradeep1

Enlightened

Nitroz said:
Nice Photos! I wish my lowely Canon powershot s500 could create such beautiful pictures. Thanks for the ideas. I was just at Stone Mountain earlier this week with the family. :)

Thanks Nitroz. Photography is one of my first obsessions. See signature line. :)

Your Powershot S500 is capable of capturing photographs like mine. Most of the photos you see in my portfolio were taken with a lowly Powershot G3. Photography, like flashlight modding, is an art that can be learned. :p

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

pradeep1 said:
Thanks Nitroz. Photography is one of my first obsessions. See signature line. :)

Your Powershot S500 is capable of capturing photographs like mine. Most of the photos you see in my portfolio were taken with a lowly Powershot G3. Photography, like flashlight modding, is an art that can be learned. :p

The G3 is a very nice camera also. A friend of mine at work brought his so that I could see it, very nice. The reason I ended up with the S500 is size and ease of use for the wifey. :grin2: The S500 does take nice photos, that's because it's a canon right. :)

Last edited:

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nitroz,

Try geocaching.com at night! :D

Hey've I've got some really neat lights since we last met.. :)
Maybe we can get together for some show and tell :)
Since then, I picked up a few aleph1 1x123's, aleph3, mclux PD, HD45
a 3.5in mag D head, supernova 75w hid, costco 35w hid,
A few cr2 BL's by PEU
and a boatload of fenix lights!
TONS OF FENIX's before I shipped out the first batch

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

4sevens said:
Nitroz,

Try geocaching.com at night! :D

Hey've I've got some really neat lights since we last met.. :)
Maybe we can get together for some show and tell :)
Since then, I picked up a few aleph1 1x123's, aleph3, mclux PD, HD45
a 3.5in mag D head, supernova 75w hid, costco 35w hid,
A few cr2 BL's by PEU
and a boatload of fenix lights!
TONS OF FENIX's before I shipped out the first batch

Sounds good! But I am sure you will be the one with the show. :) I have done some other mods for people and ended up with a QIII for the work, it's one of my favorite lights.
I still have the ALX which I let the kids use alot since the batteries can be recharged I don't have to worry about that. Did you ever get your rechargeable batteries back?

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nitroz said:
Sounds good! But I am sure you will be the one with the show. :) I have done some other mods for people and ended up with a QIII for the work, it's one of my favorite lights.
I still have the ALX which I let the kids use alot since the batteries can be recharged I don't have to worry about that. Did you ever get your rechargeable batteries back?

Nope. They dissappeared into cpf never never land.
You could check out one of these fenix's - they're so awesome - lots
of light output for a 1aa light running 2-3 hours!

My next light is a UV light - I heard some of the geocaches now have
phosphorescent(sp) paint to id them. that would be neat at night
once you're within 10 feet.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

4sevens said:
Nope. They dissappeared into cpf never never land.
You could check out one of these fenix's - they're so awesome - lots
of light output for a 1aa light running 2-3 hours!

My next light is a UV light - I heard some of the geocaches now have
phosphorescent(sp) paint to id them. that would be neat at night
once you're within 10 feet.

COOL! I wonder if my royal blue modded light would make this glow?

jpfaff

Newly Enlightened
I think I found a new hobbie :rock: But im live in Ohio and don't know where to find info on where to go and what gear to take. Anyone who knows something about it let me know. I found some websites but they all show pictures of their adventures, not informative to how to begin. Let me know....

Thanx Jason

Raven

Enlightened
Well, I don't know the first thing about Urban Exploration, but I'd leave a note on my fridge listing the area I planned to explore, and I would never change plans, and explore somewhere else, without changing the note first.

There are websites devoted to this subject, and I even stumbled upon an urban exploration message board, once.

Good luck.

Oh, and take a friend.

Always.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, being that you're in Ohio, like me, there's a few things that you should consider over and above the standard safety fare..weather gear comes to mind, although if you're willing to wait about five minutes you won't have to worry about it ;)

Really, though, maybe this link will be of some help..