inova XO vs T2

MartinSE

Newly Enlightened
suggestions for EDC-flashlight suiting my needs, please

how do these lights differ? they seem almost identical. pros/cons?

cheers!

Last edited:

aceo07

Enlightened
T2 review
XO review

The XO is brighter, but has a couple of hours less run time. XO 4hrs to T2 6hrs.

I have the XO and gave my gf a T2. I like the body of the XO but like the clickie of the T2.

Both are very nice to have.

X33

Enlightened
I prefer the clickie on the T series to the XO. The T series also has a more textured body, if that is a factor.

MartinSE

Newly Enlightened
thank you for quick replies!

I've given it some thought and I think I need a smaller light as an EDC. Maybe the T1 is a good choice. Shame it does'nt have a low-output mode though which would be useful. Are there any other lights in this pricerange worth considering? grateful for all help and advice!

//Martin

X33

Enlightened

MartinSE

Newly Enlightened
x33: thanks! Those nuwai-lights seem good. The cons seem to be the way the tailcap works and the finish/quality.

The HDS lights seem superb as do the mclux thingies but out of my pricerange.

any other lights to consider?

MartinSE

Newly Enlightened
aceo027: hm, sub $50-60. Unless it's something absolutely fantastic at around $100.

MartinSE

Newly Enlightened
I might be going crazy and consider a HDS. Are they priced the same everywhere? which is the best site to get one from?

aceo07

Enlightened
MartinSE said:
I might be going crazy and consider a HDS. Are they priced the same everywhere? which is the best site to get one from?

I bought my U60 from batterystation. It's cheaper than retail and also came with 10 batteries. Quick shipping also.

Definitely a nice flashlight if you're crazy enough to buy it. :)

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
aceo07 said:
T2 review
XO review

The XO is brighter, but has a couple of hours less run time. XO 4hrs to T2 6hrs.

I have the XO and gave my gf a T2. I like the body of the XO but like the clickie of the T2.

Both are very nice to have.

I wouldn't take that as a fact, LED binning could be entirely responsible for the difference in output and runtime. It could simply be that he got 2 lights at opposite ends of the spectrum.