Unique LED effect needed - HElp PLease

Plinko

Newly Enlightened
I work as a mobile disc jockey. I've been searching endlessly for a very compact lighting effect that uses LEDs...something the equivalent of 2 to 4 of the Eternalight Raven lights. I have one already and people really love the patterns. If there was a way to link multiple units so they're sync'ed, then I'd be in heaven.
They make LED tube lights, but those are too big, and not dynamic enough. The only other possiblity I've come up with is getting 4 LED flashlights (the kind with 10-20 LEDs, the wider angle the better) from eBay or some similar source, then wire them to some kind of sequencer. This would give the desired effect, and still remain ultra compact (less than 12" wide and 2" high for the case). Nothing even close to this exists that I've aware of, but I need more than just a single X2 Raven. I'm open to pretty much anything here. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks so much.

Last edited:

The_virus

Enlightened
Here's one suggestion, although I'm not sure if it'll be as good as what you have. It's a flat dinner plate sized roadside beacon called the TurboFlare 360. Basically it's a circle of red LEDs that can be set to "chase" and look kind of like an alert light.

Official site - see the video of it in action!
TurboFlare 360

A review of this product can be found here

Plinko

Newly Enlightened
Excellent suggestion Virus! Reminds me of a product from some time ago called Holy Spokes, that attached to a bicycle wheel...if only that concept could be incorporated into something smaller. Keep em coming!

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plinko, you need something custom. like several units to piggy back off one controller. I do this kind of stuff and would be willing to work with ya to get something together. PM me.

Jeff

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had some parts around and put this together for fun. Something like this could be made cheaply and even daisy chained into several units. Even without the lens (from a 3rd taillight), all that is really needed to make a cool effect is project boxes, a couple lots of leds from ebay (red, blue,green, yellow), some switching transistors, a walwart, and a RAVE'N (SP?). the outputs from the raven could be pulled off to run the other units. Could do 5 of each color in each box, up to even 10 boxes.
just an idea for ya.