Surefire 6P Mods?

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

My wife just sent her Surefire 6P to live with me, since she now uses an L2. SO of course I have to *******ize it :)

What are good things to do with this light? Turbo head? LED head/dropin module? Rechargeable conversion?

What would you do?

Scott

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto on the 5 watter.

I actually have a new KL3 on the way, I'll see how it works on a 2 cell body. I am lusting after the loooonnggg runtime and long throw for usage in rough weather. The color mismatch can be a deal brekaer though, because like the new KL3, the factory 5 watt head KL5 is also HA only.

Nick

Last edited:

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Z2 with the KL3 gen 2, love it lots, but I seem to find myself using my torch more for close-up work and a 5-watter drop-in might be more suitable. Waiting for Quickbeam to review it, then maybe I'll sell my KL3. Maybe.

Thought of buying a 6P with A19 (maybe 2) to do a 9p or M4 setup with turbohead too. But then with that kind of cash outlay (everything brand new), maybe I'd go for one of 'em 24w HIDs instead.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
LEDcandle said:
Thought of buying a 6P with A19 (maybe 2) to do a 9p or M4 setup with turbohead too. But then with that kind of cash outlay (everything brand new), maybe I'd go for one of 'em 24w HIDs instead.

You are better off buying a M3T or M4 from BST. Some were selling their new M3T's for 150-175 recently, the same price as a Turbodhead+A19....but you get a millenium light that way.

Nick

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
270winchester said:
You are better off buying a M3T or M4 from BST. Some were selling their new M3T's for 150-175 recently, the same price as a Turbodhead+A19....but you get a millenium light that way.

Nick

Yeah, I missed the M4 for $210.... :mecry:
But it's not all that bad now that I'm considering going HID :D

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
270winchester said:
Watch out though, HID's are sick(in a good way) and all but the bulb replacement cost would make you cry...

Thanks for the heads up 270winchester!

Just looked thru the B/S/T... most of the SF M3's sold are non-Ts... except 1 using an L6 body with turbohead...

I would probably consider an M6 too..keke.. damn, I'm stretching it...
There's a Mag85 for sale over here in S'pore.. maybe that'll be good too...

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking I will get the 2nd generation KL3 head. There is a review under "Torches" here:

http://www.cones-stuff.co.uk/

Almost 3 hrs on primaries, and the head can handle 2x RCR123 voltages.

Does anyone know if there is a beamshaper that will fit the new head?

Scott

socom45

Newly Enlightened
If you want an inexpensive but really nice alternate, go with the 3w drop in from bugout. I got mine from jcciv (lighthound) for less than $40.00 and it's almost within a hair as bright as my u2 on high beam. My light it is in is the 6pn (6p with a navy spec head/bezel)...and it's a lot nicer in my opinion than the kl3...plus since it drops into the factory bezel, you can still use any accessories for the 6p without it looking funny. I can also say that as an led it is BRIGHT.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
beezaur said:
Does anyone know if there is a beamshaper that will fit the new head?

Scott

The bezel diameter is 1.47" so theoretically, the beamshapers that fit 1.47" heads will fit, but I haven't tried it personally :)