LOTC for U2 ?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Is there a possible alternate tailcap that fits the SF U2 and functions like a LOTC? In HA-black?
Thanx!
bernie

wquiles

Flashaholic
Bernie,

I just sold my U2 last Friday ( :( ) but by just turning off the current tailcap a turn or two, the light would not come on at all. Have you tried this already?

Will

Kiessling

Flashaholic
I know, but I want a LOTC to get "rid off" the clicky ... for the most basic and simple as well as reliable version possible. Guess it's a bit dumb, but I cannot ban the thought from my head ... :D
bernie

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Z41 tailcap should fit. IIRC, that's the twist switch used for C and Z series lights. Lighthound has them for $9.99. Though I'm not sure if the black version is HA...

socom45

Newly Enlightened
Hi gents, the finish will not be the flat ha finish, but the finnish of the 6p. I just bought a black clickie (from lighthound or jcciv) for my 6p and I also have a u2. If you are interested in getting one, I might part with mine, as I don't need the tailcap. The only thing is I'm on the other side of the pond...so shipping might be a little high. PM me if interested and I'll see what I can do. I won't be making any money off it, just helping out a fellow cpf'r.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
elgarak said:
Z41 tailcap should fit. IIRC, that's the twist switch used for C and Z series lights. Lighthound has them for $9.99. Though I'm not sure if the black version is HA...

Z41 for 9.99? AWESOME. *pays visit to lighthound*

socom45

Newly Enlightened
bernie, don't know if you got my pm, but I've spoken to john, (lighthound) and he's told me the z41 won't work on the u2...due to components and tailcap dimensions. He said he's tried this and the only tailcaps that will interchange are the z59 and z58's. $9.99 is cheap though...I'm sure there is another solution. My pm was a bit long winded, but let me know if you still want a non clicking tailcap and I'm sure that between me, you, and and every other fellow cpfr someone can come up with something. :- ) let me know. steve

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hi Steve !
PM replied.
Seems I'll continue with the clickie then since there doesn't seem a LOTC solution readily available. Thanx for your time and effort :thumbsup: !

And thanx for pointing out the Lighthound website ... I feel tempted :D :green: ... and it is all your fault :D ! Didn't know jcciv had a web-store going!

bernie

socom45

Newly Enlightened
Hi Bernie, as far as the tailcap goes, I can confirm that the standard lockout tail cap DOES NOT work...it is the same depth as the others but looking inside there is a round 'thing' that won't quite fit into the bore in the tail end of the u2. I do know that a good machinist could bore out the hole just enough so that it would fit, and it wouldn't cause any problems but then you'd be stuck with that light and it would void the warranty. This means that it would be no use to interchange the parts as it is the parts in the standard one that causes the problem....only because the u2 body has been bored out differently than the others. For any other parts or needs though, john, (lighthound) is a great guy and he will treat you right. No problem...just like to help.. by the way, a bit off topic but I'll let you know later on the progress of my next conspiracy....I'm checking into having a custom leather holster (from a well known gunholster maker) made for the u2 to be carried bezel up....and whilst accommodating the clip as well. Not sure if it's possible yet but I have a good idea on the matter.