How to open a Magcharger?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's no circuitry inside the MagCharger light. It's all inside the charging cradle.

Wilkey

zelda

Enlightened
hmm....strange

When I charge the accu with stock-charger and check the capacity, I have 2.5 Ah. When I remove the accu and charge with a RC-Charger, I have 3.1Ah.
Something is heating inside the lamp, when I charge the lamp with a RC-Charger.(not the accu)

16h charging time is too long for me
grinser2.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well,

There's a diode in the charger ring but this should not affect things. As long as you don't try to punch it with a 1 amp or higher rate, should not be a problem. Do you remove the pack from the light to charge on the RC charger? Which ring are you using as the positive?

What do you mean by "accu"?

Wilkey

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Removing the diode is not normally a good idea. Once removed, any conductive item that bridges the charging rings will result in a short circuit.

Wilkey

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Remove the body tube from the switch/head using a strap wrench
2. Using a two-pin spanner wrench, unscrew the charging ring section from the head
3. The front ring itself then slides off and underneath the ring is the lead for the diode

It has been a while since I've had mine open but I do remember that there is a plastic sleeve around the diode lead and that this is hard to slip back under the ring.