LED's on motorcycle

Neuralgia

Newly Enlightened
Since the search engine doesn't work very well yet, I hope I'm not posting an already discussed topic. This disccussion alos include an HID option, that's why I didn't know where to start the thread exactly.

I just bought a new scooter: Vento Phantom 150cc

phantomr4i2small8vo.jpg

The thing is that it comes with 12v 18w Headlights and non watt specified turn signals and brakes lights. We've been trying to figure out which is the way to go for a HL upgrade on the Yahoo's Vento group, since they SUCK.

So far we have thought of the next options:

1. HeadLights:

1.a: Upgrade to halogen 35w bulbs. The thing is that we're thinking of 35 and not more becauese of the heat and the possibility of melting the plastic parts around the bulb. Someone even said that the electrical system would only let 35w, and nothing more (why, I don't know?)

1.b: Upgrade to LED. But we don't know exactly how to do it. We don't know if we're going to need a regulator and verifier for this.

1.c: HID: A bit expensive, but one guy had one lying there (???) and is going to install it. I don't think that's an option for me now, since I've already used quite an amount on money on the bike itself.... :broke: maybe later ;)

2. Turn Signals and break:

1.a: the same as with the HL, halogen, but we're not sure which ones (watt?). Since, again, all parts around it are plastic

1.b: LED: Here we have lots of questions. One guy said that we won't be needing the regulator and verifier (let's say we choose to upgrade to halogen HL's and don't have them), just go buy the bulbs, replace the stock one an voila, ready to go. My concern about this is about voltage fluctuations for both, turn and brake lights, and since the brakes need two "intensities", what should i get.

Here's the electrical diagram:

[img=http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6286/phantomr4ielectricitydiagram3j.th.jpg]

and thank for the help

:huh2:

Last edited:

Latest posts