Black outs in L.A.!

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just breaking on the news about blackouts occurring in L.A. and Hollywood areas. Wonder if it will last long enough for some CPF'ers to break out their toys.

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
The lights went out during school for a few minutes. We all screamed like girls when they went off. :laughing:

It's fun getting the teacher angry...

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Just saw it on the news. They still haven't figured out (or they aren't saying) what caused it. Maybe Michael Brown kicked the plug out. :devil:

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
From what I understand a crew was working on a power line, not sure where, but they made a mistake cutting a wrong wire and then resupplying that cut wire with energy. The computers noticed a problem and shut down all of the power. Thats my butchered explanation. :stupid:

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, that's quite a coincidence... Power went off here for about an hour at about 2:30 this afternoon too. Just the neighborhood though. Just a few blocks in each direction.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel so ashamed, I just started a new job, we had this blackout, and I didn't have one on me. Bringing in a Streamlight tommorow.

Ironically as well, there was a freight truck outside dropping of APC UPSs for the computers. A little bit too late!