120-lumen East German LED light

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the page it doesn't say LED. I guess it's just a incan. I doubt that Zeiss/Jena could manufacture a 125 lumen LED back when it was still East Germany. I don't know if Zeiss/Jena is still operating. IIRC, the optics department was continued to run under Jenoptik, but if I'm not completely mistaken, Jenoptik is also under financial stress/bankrupt/not in existence anymore...

matthewdanger

Enlightened
Doctor is still in business. They make a great compact red-dot optic sight that can be fit to the rear sight dovetail of a handgun. It is a great (and spendy) product.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
That very useful for astronomers line is a bit comical. The last thing an astronomer wants to see at night after set-up is someone waving a 125 lumen white light around. With fully night adapted eyes, a 1 lumen red led is all that's needed or disired during a observing session.

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paul_in_Maryland said:
Check out this eBay listing for an unusual light by Docter.

I know, there is no "East Germany" anymore. I'm just trying to provide some context.

Where did you read it claims to be a LED light?
These Docter lights use incandescent bulbs and have some of the nicest beams.

BTW, the term East Germany changed its meaning several times the last century.

Spacemarine

Enlightened
I've used this light for a few minutes beacuse a buddy of mine has one. 125 Lumens is way overrated, my guess would be around 5-10 Lumens. This light is operated with 4 AA batteries if I remember correctly and they are never able to produce 125 Lumens with an incan.

pyro

Enlightened
no clue where the 125 lumen rating comes,
the light is actually rated with 125 Lux!

And it is not a LED light, but Docter has a new LuxVLED light now.

Docter SpotLED

I already have it , maybe i do a small review