Black Bear 84's ultra MAG mods

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who is Black Bear 84, and why isn't he in our forums?

Get a load of his available MAG mods, all rated in real torch lumens, all between $150 and $300:
  • 951-lumen MAG 951 (3D body, 10.8V)
  • 852-lumen Search and Rescue (4D, 13.2V)
  • 678-lumen Black Bear (2D body)
  • 426-lumen Polar Bear (3C body)
  • 300-lumen Little Glacier Bear (1D body)
Search Google for his name and his lights; you'll find more. He seems to cater to cops and hunters.

juancho

Enlightened
Litho 123 and bwaites do the same mods here for the CPF members that don't build their own.
Their where my teachers when I started here, so I defer to them.

Besides people that want to built their own received a lot of help from them and even from me, I have contributed a lot of my free time to help others, ask powernoddle about that.

Even that I am very busy I still contribute here with the best of my will, I have a very soft spot for CPF, and the best behaved and helpful people of all Forums can be find here.

Others people have been very vocal in attacking these mods based that they are builded on Maglites overlooking the fact that as $20.00 hosts they are perfect for replacements when they gets damaged by abuse.

I have tried to enlighten people as how resistant to mistreatment these lights are:

Magliteinkitchenflash.jpg

MagvscarII.jpg

But still I have received a lot of Bravo Sierra from some people that I have tried to educate.
That is the difference here, people know what they want and they are happy to get it here from one of the Masters like Litho 123 or bwaites or the unique mods like Ginseng's Polaris.

People in CPF don't know how lucky they are that those three Masters and Fivemega and Modamag are willing to spend their time to bring the mods that they do to them.

I take the guns Forums because I still have some real friends and followers in many of them, people that are very happy with my mods and my services.

Best regards
Juancho

Last edited:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
juancho, don't bother with those folks who give you grief over these mods. They're not worth it. Some just don't get it or are so blinded by their 'hatred' of a given company that they don't see what it's useful for. Keep the incandescent flame burning! :thumbsup:

Some of my personal favorite creations have originated from Mag bodies. I look upon them not as "bad" lights (to be honest - they aren't), but rather, as lights waiting to realize their true potential :D

I converted a pest control professional recently from his horrible alkaline D cell spotlight supplied by the company. He went out and bought a stock Mag, but believe me I was darn happy to see that. It's head and shoulders above the junky plastic spot and the beam is better, too!

Of course, I had to use a Mag85 to do that.. he probably wonders why mine is still brighter ;) my own '85 is no longer with me but has gone on to do great things - it has already made THREE converts!! (one of whom became its new owner)

markbUK

Newly Enlightened
How can anyone have a bad word to say about using Mag lites as the basis for modding!, I've got an HDS EDC and a couple of SF, but would still like to get hold of a modded mag, there's something a bit magical about an ordinary looking 2/3D mag putting out that much light. and the fact that someones taken the care and trouble to make one.

I bought my first minimag 25 odd years ago, its still going strong, although its been modded.

I for one am glad I know your producing such great mods, I might need your services in the future to produce a really special 2d for me.

Mark

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if everyone realized it or not, but that sink picture of Juancho's light is a MagMod underwater!

Juancho is more than free to market his lights here, as far as I am concerned, since Litho and I can only build so many, and I haven't built one except for the Hurricane sale in months.

In fact, there is still a light in my Hurricane sale thread that is a unique opportunity and one I am surprised no one has taken.

Bill

Schuey2002

Enlightened
>>"426-lumen Polar Bear (3C body)"<<

I don't know if he has a review of this light on CPF, but he does have one where he compares it to a SF M4 on thehighroad.org ..
icon14.gif

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
juancho,

You can't claim that the "Mag951" is the most powerful flashlight in the world! You know that's not true! tsk! tsk! tsk!

Seriously, though, you should feel free to sell your Mag mods here on CPF! There is more demand than supply. Bring them on.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which mod in particular? For the most part, just browse through the Incandescent forum and the Custom and Homemade and Modified forum. They are generally hard to search for because most folks use terms like M@G or MG or M*G in place of Mag. You can search for threads started by Litho123 or Ginseng among others.

Latest posts