Shameless plug for a good cause

sflate

Enlightened
For my 6th year I will be donating time and walking this weekend to raise money for JDRF (Juvenille Diabetes Research Fund). The company that I work for (Ford Motor Company) is a big supporter and is sponsoring this year's walk. I realize that there have been several disasters recently and many people are tapped out, but if you feel that you can donate any amount no matter how small, please visit the link below and donate what you can. I have met many young people affected by this disease the past few years because of Ford's involvement and had not realized how many lives were affected until then. Everyone involved believes a cure is very close so please do what you can.

Thanks in advance!

Link directly to JDRF's website:

http://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmID=86159018

sflate

Enlightened
No takers yet? Perhaps I will need to sweeten the pot a bit.

Maybe I will give the highest donor a little something. I will have to go through some of my stuff and see what I have to offer. Maybe a 'rare' colored minimag (Original Pink, Gold, Orange, Lime Green, etc..)

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lot of generous people here... But maybe it is just bad timing.

I'm afraid that personally, I'm all "donated out" for a while. I imagine that most of the rest of CPF is in the same situation. IF I'm wrong... Then it is good to be wrong for a change.

Good luck.

sflate

Enlightened
Trust me - I UNDERSTAND. I've given time and money to many charities myself this year.

Hopefully a few people can still help. I'm just trying to sweeten the pot and maybe coax a few people that are able to give what they can.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I just saw this. I am tapped out right now. how soon do you need it? If you can wait a few days I will help a little, no need to sweeten the pot for me. We have some NO folks here and I have helped a little as well as some CPFer's that I was blessed with the chance to help a little and buying tickets ( meant for others) in the relief fund raffle so I just have no money today. That is subject to change as I get paid every Friday now. So if thats not too late I will help Friday afternoon Central Redneck Time.
Topper EDIT >Nevermind they took my credit card< end edit

Last edited:

sflate

Enlightened
THANKS so much Topper!

Yes, I noticed that JDRF's site takes credit cards. The walk is Saturday so there's still time. I'm only $5.00 away from my goal this year, but since I'm not donating as much of my time this year as last year I am hoping to double my goal. In years past I've donated many hours setting up a wireless network, harware and software at the Zoo to help sell raffle tickets.

My wife is walking as well and has collected some at her site:
http://walk.jdrf.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=extranet.personalpage&confirmID=86159063

Thanks again.

Topper

Flashaholic*
I came home sick after working only three hours and the first thing I see is another shameless plug only this time it was for the better half. I sent a little for her; as a man never should slight another mans better half. Well done had you posted both at the same time I would still helped abit but most likely it would not have been as much so you did good for a good cause. I honestly wish I could do more. I hope a few other CPFer's can help a little if they see this. Best to you and your wife.
Topper

sflate

Enlightened
Thanks again Topper. I guess my little ploy worked! :crackup:

That was very unexpected - Thanks!

The walk is tomorrow. We will also be selling raffle tickets starting tomorrow to raffle off a new Ford Mustang (I think convertible). I will try to pick one up in your name. Not sure how we will get it to you in Arkansas if you win, but I'm sure we can work something out. I think the drawing is late this month or early October.

Still time left if anyone else can help out - any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm only $5.00 away from meeting my goal. (not including what I personally give. I at least match what other's give.)