Soylent Green, Anyone?

marcspar

Enlightened
How convenient; they even have a transplant center next to the prison where the executions are carried out!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Was there ever any doubt that we would surpass the blackst predictions by far and with great speed?

When I look around I get the impression that 1984 and the Brave New World are about to happen and no one notices that we are going down the drain. Soylent Green is one piece of the big puzzle that will display "GAME OVER" once completed.

bernhard

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wondered when the dead will be used to propel cars in the future

But... there wont BE any dead in the future. Unless the oil industry latches on to converting people to gas (I though that people made more gas while alive?) and stops work on longevity treatments...

So the only dead people products will be from executed political prisoners in China. So it's good for the market of these products that they keep a very strict regime in power there.

Interesting, if China were to join the EU some day... Would the prisoners being executed be considered part of their workforce? and if so would shooting them count as laying them off subjecting the company to fines and sanctions? And would that raise the price of the products too much when exported?

the whole thing is just creepy, and shows very clearly some of the cultural differences between the west and the east that are going to show up more and more as our contact with China becomes more open.