I think the new Verizon $14.95 DSL offer is a great deal.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had Verizon DSL for a few years now and happened to go to their home page. They are offering DSL 768k down/ 128k up for $14.95 with one year agreement. First month free but $20 setup fee. I thought the $14.95 was an introductory offer for only a month or two like you see a lot but it appears it's for the whole year although there is a early termination fee. Now the speed isn't nowhere near as fast as modern dsl or cable but still will of course blow away dial up. With the taxes and fuse fees etc., you know it's going to be closer to $20 but still aren't services like earthlink and AOL over $20? I pay $30 a month for the Verizon 3meg/768k service and consider it a great deal as well. If you're into newsgroups, Verizon has the best free one with no usage limits.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I dunno about what you're talking about, but I have V DSL and I love it. I've had experience with comcast and comparativily, comcast has a lot of issues (mostly slowing down a lot at certain times of the day) that V DSL doesn't have. The speed is about the same for me as it is for comcast at my aunts house 6 blocks away on a FASTER computer. I'm not saying Comcast is bad, but I prefer DSL for now.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I know yahoo/SBC has the same deal of $14.95 probably for a year but I often wondered what they hike the price up to after the year expires.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
$15-20 is reasonable for dialup, and if your getting DSL at that price, thats great! I wonder too what it goes up after a year... :(

Around here we have mediacom cable ~40/mo 3megabit download. Or Sprint DSL, that has 2 speeds, the faster is 768 for $70 bucks!! the slower is like 128 for 45-50! :thumbsdown:

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw that too recently. Ive been a dial up looser since 400 baud. Money is the main reason. I spend 40 bucks a month for basic service, fees and the extended calling area. I wonder if with ne of those VOIP I would come out ahead so I can play with online games or higher speed surfing?