New KL3 with FM34 beamshapers?

jacques

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I know the new KL3 is a throw monster, but the beam might be too tight. If using it with the FM34 beamshapers look like it can chane from throw light to flood light. Anyone familiar of this combination?

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was asking this when I first got my KL3 too.. the old F70 beamshaper might be better if you're concerned about bulk.... I don't have one so I don't know if it fits exactly, but it should since the KL3 is supposed to be a 1.47" bezel.

I diffuse my torch with a 'bottle cap' mod kind of thing, it works fine, the diffused light is decent and usable, but the KL3 is approx rated in the 30 lumens range and if you are going to use 'flood' mode 90% of the time, maybe the new 5W dropin might be better and brighter. I'm waiting for reviews on that.

But the good thing about the tight KL3 beam is the throw and 'blinding' effect it has. With the beamshaper, it will be a very flexible setup. I prob will keep it unless the 5W really puts out helluva lot more light with decent throw.

P/S Yup I believe its FM64 too :)

Last edited:

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I tried the F70 beam shaper on the L5 bezel, and it was too loose. As a matter of fact, it's loose on the M2 bezel too, but not as bad as on the L5 bezel. I suspect the L5 and 2nd generation KL3 are the same diameter.

jacques

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input, I need to change my post in B/S/T forum to FM64.

Latest posts