What would be the best necklight?

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, coz I am thinking the light would probably be something custom/modified, like for example a Firefly or TNC, etc.

I am looking for suggestions for a necklight, so something small is needed. The usual one cell CR123 lights are probably still too big. Probaby something that use Lithium cells coz it likely to be a backup light and its not going to be used much, hence rechargeables are out too. Luxeon on reflectors are prefered of course.

Any ideas?

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about one of those Fenix lights? You can put in an Energizer Lithium, also (I think)

Jeff

2dim

Enlightened
I suggest one of the JILites, 1.3 or DD, possibly with FLUpic from CPFer 'goldserve'. He showed me one and it's really small, but with user-settable variable levels quite versatile, too.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
For neck lanyard use, I prefer something smaller like an Arc AAA v4 on a lithium battery or the Photon Freedom. Anything bigger gets to be a hassle.

best regards

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a HA3 Special Edition KI around my neck.

It is awesome light to use around my neck. It runs for 2 full hours etc. it is awesome.

I am thinking that Endevour's new light CR2 would be a great necklight. I have one coming so I will be able to compare to the KI and see how it will compete. The nice thing about Endevours light is that it will be a 2 stage. ;)

Curtis

Last edited:

jashhash

Enlightened
I would say the Jil 1.3 watt would be the smallest brightest and most affordable. Only prob is it uses CR2 batteries which are a bit expensive.

dbedit

Newly Enlightened
I would have to give my vote for the photon as well. If it is going to be a backup light. These are fairly inexpensive lights with good battery life. But I have to say they are not even in the same league as the Jil, KI, and ARC.