Had Recent Outage

Samuel002

Newly Enlightened
I had a power outage recently. The lights flickered for a few seconds then went out. I open my Otter Box where I keep my flashlights. Since my Palight is always on, I spot it and turn it on and shine it at my other flashlights. And now I'm thinking which of my dozen flashlights do I use. I think some more. And I think some more. And I can't decide which flashlight to use. I finally make my decision based on my battery supply. I had the most C batteries so I went with my Tektite. Now, I know the forum members probably have at least a dozen flashlights so I'm wondering if this has ever happened to you? Where you have so many flashlights, you can't decide which one to use for a simple power outage. I felt kinda silly afterwards for being so indecisive.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd probably go for one of my longer running LED lights as the duration of the outage would not be known.

Probably a Lightwave 4000 or one of my Eternalights for general room lighting.

Then out would come the brighter/show off lights to have a little fun with :)

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Sometimes it's whatever is easiest to get to. Tonight just after "Survivor" (gee, glad it didn't happen during the show! :ohgeez:), the power dumped. One of the major power gen plants dumped a generator and put most of Anchorage and Eagle River (small town about 10 miles to the north of us) in the dark.

Instantly grabbed a Pelican L1 (thanks Diesel Dave!) to get me on the path to the other lights.

JOshooter comes up the stairs with an Inova 24/7, a Princeton Tec Aurora headlamp, and an eternaLight X-ray.

First I reached for my new "Hurricane Relief Fund" prize, a Nuwai 5 watt TM-116x (thanks lighthound!) - took that out to the living room to light the oil lamps. Then I headed to get the SureFire U2 - but actually decided to use a Dorcy AAA (with the lens & reflector popped out for a nice flood) for navigating the house, with the Nuwai riding along.

The wife ended up with a PT Aurora on her head while reading and a DuraPro crank light.

Oh, had a 1-D cell Energizer lantern in the bathroom (thanks Lynx Arc!).

Being a "Flashaholic" has it's benefits! We were thankful to have these lights handy! The power came on after about an hour, had it gone into hours - yes I'd have had my Lightwave 3000/4000 on alert and an eternaLight Elite Max on me as well as some Princeton Tec Attitudes distributed to the family (or neighbors if need be) for long runtime duty!