Birthday party and espresso machine inauguration (in Sweden)

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tomorrow, I will receive my new espresso machine and I can finally have my birthday party, a couple of weeks to late but still...

DISCLAIMER:
There is always a chance that something goes wrong, like I don't receive my machine in time or a power failure.
Give me a call at +46-(0)70-3728893 and check before you get here.

What's up?
Alcohol-free birthday party for all people who like coffee, or pie :)

Who is invited?
All CPFers and all other nice (and strange) people.

Where?
Andreas Vinnberg
Madangsgatan 1, apartment 25A
417 02 GOTHENBURG
Sweden

When?
Tomorrow, 17th of September.
We plan to start at 19:00 (7 PM), local time (GMT+1).

Why should I go there?
Free cappuccino and pie with as much custard as you can possibly eat.

Should I bring a present?
No, the birthday thing is just an excuse to make lots of pie and more custard than I really dare.

How do I get there?
By car:
Check out the map: here

By tram:
Take tram number 5, 6, or 10 to Hjalmar Brantingsplatsen, go under the bridge, follow the main street (Herkulesgatan) for like 300-400 meters until you reach Herkules pizzeria, take a left turn and walk down the street 50 meters or so. Done! Give me a call at I'll let you in.

Questions?
Give me a call at +46-70-3728893 or PM me.

Extra feature for all CPFers:
Check out how raspberry-pie look in different light conditions! :grin2:
I can easily set up the following:
12 volt halogen (both BrilliantLine and MasterLine ES)
metal halide (Philips MASTERColor (/830))
florescent (both /827 and /830)
Luxeon III (X1-tint)
SureFire P60-high-color-temperature-incandescent
high pressure sodium (Philips SON-T Plus)
230 volt incandescent
compact florescent tubes (both crappy IKEA with all colors way off and Philips MASTER PL Electronic).

Meet you there!

Regards
Andreas Vinnberg

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Andreas...well I certainly wish I could say, "I'll be there!" :party:

I just don't think I can arrange a timely schedule - I'll make something here in your honor! Have a great party!

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sigman,

Thank you! I know it's kind of short notice for everybody but the delivery has been postponed several times now and not until today have I been given an exact date.

I can save some pie and custard for you, or make some new whenever you feel like visiting. Hmm, maybe I should have that as an standing invitation for all CPFers.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Sounds like fun! I will have to pass (I aint got no stinkin passport) or the means to get me there. I do thank you all the same and I will be there in spirit as a strange person whom happens to be a CPF member.
Have fun.
Topper

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Winny, I wanted to post to say thanks for the invitation and I hope you had a great birthday!

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Topper, Ledean and Sixpointone,

Thanks!

The party went on quite well, although the coffee wasn't ready until 8 PM and the pie didn't came out of the oven before 20 past 10.
When the guests arrived, I was still connecting the electricity for the machine so everything was dark and my apartment is 31 m^2 so there we where, 10 people crowded in the dark... almost. Luckily, I had enough flashlights to light up the apartment until I was done.

The coffee was great and no one of my guests had any sleep that night due to all the caffeine. :huh:
I must have made over 30 cappuccinos that night.

/Andreas

Marc

Newly Enlightened
Coffee is not the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about a swedish party. I always thought that Swedes were drinking beer from huge horns... :buddies:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Marc said:
Coffee is not the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about a swedish party. I always thought that Swedes were drinking beer from huge horns... :buddies:
...and all those warm bodies in such a small place...and on all that caffeine as well - soo much energy!!
:aaa::buddies::buddies::buddies::buddies::buddies::buddies::buddies::buddies::buddies::buddies:

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marc,

Well no, it's not the first thing you think of. At normal Swedish party, you drink as much beer as you can afford and and much moonshine you can get hold of, but I find those a bit destructive and I don't see then fun in being blind drunk.

Sigman,

Yepp! You all missed something. :)

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Well, it's not too late to plan for next year! :D

I wish I could arrange that, trip of a lifetime! My bills dictate that I'll be lucky to be living where I am now when next year rolls around! :ohgeez:But that won't prevent us from celebrating "again"!:party::party:

bernhard's birthday is today and I'm going to make a cake to share with my family "in honor of his day"!:party: