Brinkman Legend LX Flashlight

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I have been trying to find the Brinkman Legend LX flashlight in the Dallas, TX area.

I have been to several Wal-Mart stores in the area and no luck yet. The store staff never even heard of them. (Although all the stores had the two Brinkman LED flashlights).

Anyone know of a place in the Dallas area where the LX is available?

Anyone found bulbs for the LX yet?

Thanks.

SurefireM6

Enlightened
The Walmarts in my area here are overstocked every time I go. They have about 10-12 of them. If your Walmart does not have them, they can do a "store to store" transfer to get you one. A store that has one will simply send one over to the nearest one to you and they do an electronic inventory shift. The department manager for Sporting goods should be able to help you with that.

Good luck and hope that helps.

patg

Newly Enlightened
Ranger,
Where to find a Legend LX in Dallas-
The Walmart in Carrollton on Trinity Mills Rd had stock last week, but is out now. I too, looked all around. I ended up calling the 800 Walamart #. It took 3 weeks for the Garland store's management to do anything besides waste time, but they located the Carrollton stock for me. Good luck.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flexmodem:
The Walmarts in my area here are overstocked every time I go. They have about 10-12 of them. If your Walmart does not have them, they can do a "store to store" transfer to get you one. A store that has one will simply send one over to the nearest one to you and they do an electronic inventory shift. The department manager for Sporting goods should be able to help you with that.

Good luck and hope that helps.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What information do they need to do the store to store tranfer? Just the name (Brinkmann Legend LX) or do they need the SKU? I asked one Walmart last week if thye knew if any other Walmarts had any but the sku I gave him didn't register so he basically said he couldn't help.

Tesla

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patg:
Ranger,
Where to find a Legend LX in Dallas-
The Walmart in Carrollton on Trinity Mills Rd had stock last week, but is out now. I too, looked all around. I ended up calling the 800 Walamart #. It took 3 weeks for the Garland store's management to do anything besides waste time, but they located the Carrollton stock for me. Good luck.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nice to know I'm not alone in the area--let me know if any turn up anywhere in the d/fw area

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked one Walmart last week if thye knew if any other Walmarts had any but the sku I gave him didn't register so he basically said he couldn't help.[/QB][/QUOTE]
I found the same problem in the Houston area.
If the store doesn't stock the light, the SKU # want register. About all you can do is scan their flashlight area for a empty rack with a $19.97 price tag then check the discription. I don't know how you could get a transfer into a store that doesn't even have the SKU setup. (sorta a Catch 22. If they don't stock it, they can't order it because the # isn't setup) TX

Jakpro

Newly Enlightened
I checked in our system today with the SKU provided here on a previous post.

I found that it is not a regulalry stocked item in all Wal-Marts; however the store can search other stores in a 150 mile radius using the item locator function on the "Be a Merchant" screen on their Telxon.They must first use the SKU# to pull the info from the Home Office database and put it on file in their store if it is not on file.

Every Wal-Mart can place a direct order for any item from a listed vendor using a store purchase order number. There may be a minimum and you may have to pay a small extra amount to cover shipping. Talk to the Store Manager.

Last edited:

Greggles

Newly Enlightened
Sigh. I didn't want to say anything cause I knew ya'll would buy them all up, but.......Galyan's in Frisco has them.

Dang it, I'm sure they'll be gone now.....oh well, Merry Xmas.

BTW, Galyan's is an awesome store. I like to go just to wander around. It's like a cross between REI and Academy.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The Galyan's in Frisco has several lights and headlamps out of the package that you can try out and inspect closely, including the Legend LX.

Tesla

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip Greggles....scored one of those little buggers (my sister lives in Frisco-phoned her & got her to run down to Galyan's). I live in Garland & work in Rockwall, so it would've been the 12th of never before I could've made it out there, otherwise...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks! Picked up a Legend LX at Galyan's.

And I am impressed. $20 and it is at least as bright as my SureFire E2.

The LX was sitting right along side a Scorpion which was $40. I tried both out and while the Scorpion was a bit more compact of a package, I couldn't justify the cost.

All in all - I am happy with the LX.

Thanks!

l <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cosmic:
The Galyan's in Frisco has several lights and headlamps out of the package that you can try out and inspect closely, including the Legend LX.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks! Picked up a Legend LX at Galyan's.

And I am impressed. $20 and it is at least as bright as my SureFire E2.

The LX was sitting right along side a Scorpion which was $40. I tried both out and while the Scorpion was a bit more compact of a package, I couldn't justify the cost.

All in all - I am happy with the LX.

Thanks!

l <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cosmic:
The Galyan's in Frisco has several lights and headlamps out of the package that you can try out and inspect closely, including the Legend LX.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

springnr

Enlightened
I snagged an LX at the Galyan's in Frisco the day after Thanksgiving straight from the shipping box. I was actually looking for an attitude led light so I talked to one of the sales girls for a while and it sounds like they stay on top of reordering preety good. It's nice to have a store close by that actually stocks the light you use to only hear about and then have to mail order and hope it's what you had in mind.

Greggles

Newly Enlightened
springnr-
I don't think Galyan's carries the Attitude, just the Impact. For the Attitude, just drive down the tollway to 635. REI has the Attitude for around $19-20.

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
Just got a catalog from Sportsman's Guide and they list the Legend for $24. Since the Walmart here doesn't have it I might order one if I find something else I want. Otherwise shipping would be to high.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gadgetman7:
Just got a catalog from Sportsman's Guide and they list the Legend for $24. Since the Walmart here doesn't have it I might order one if I find something else I want. Otherwise shipping would be to high.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might want to verfy it is in stock, unfortunately they never seem to have it. Check here. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/showad.html?promo_code=WX1&item_id=56960&ticket=8570555&urlseq=1066278176

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can just order from Brinkmann for $29.95 delivered. So you really aren't overpaying too much.

Thanks to Gandalf I just got my Brinkmann Legend LX and it's a great light for the money. The E2 sure is more pocketable but I don't have that kind of money right now (especially since I'm already buying an ARC-LS)!
wink.gif

SurefireM6

Enlightened
I just went to Sam's Club today and they had the Legend LX there. They also had a Leatherman Wave with a Legend LX for $49.99.

SchneiderDriver

Newly Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flexmodem:
I just went to Sam's Club today and they had the Legend LX there. They also had a Leatherman Wave with a Legend LX for $49.99.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just got back from Sam's in Indy. I didn't find the Legend LX anywhere there. They did have the combo pack with the Leatherman Wave and a Brinkmann Legend for $59.99. That was the regular Legend, a poor man's AA Maglite. I was pretty let down after making the 1 hour trip and fighting the crowds. Hard to imagine now that they'd have the same combo with the LX for $10 less. I'll keep looking......

I did get my Legend LX from Sportsman's Guide. They had indicated it would be on back order until January, but it shipped within a week after that (probably shipped 12/15 or so).

The switch on mine isn't completely reliable. I don't know if the problem is the switch, or if the batteries sometimes aren't making good contact. Anyone else have this problem?