look what lives on my back porch

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i didnt get as close as i wanted why you ask i am so scared a spiders i still have the shakes clcik thumbnail for full image but even full image has been shrunk cause i got dial up
spider1wg.jpg

Last edited:

Flashlight Enthusiast
spiders i can deel with. most are harmless, or nearly harmless and they kill a lot of annoying garden bugs. i will even go out of my way to remove an indoor spider and put it outside without killing it, because i'd rather have it kill a bunch of nasty insects like flies....

the only dangerous spiders that i can think of in this state is the black widow and the california recluse.

the archnids that creep me out are scorpions and ticks, i kill them on the spot no questions asks.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i have no idea what kind he is .but i always run into there webs even though i hate em i am hopeing they keep bugs off my plantss there are a few on porch id say 5 .dureing day they hide at night there in middle of web

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not as cool as the spiders you get in the states, but this guy (or girl) lives somewhere in my bedroom:

spiderman1qt.jpg

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
357 said:
the only dangerous spiders that i can think of in this state is the black widow and the california recluse.

I HATE spiders too.......and unfortunatly, there are A LOT of black widows in NJ (I live in NJ). :sigh:

x-ray and raggie,

those are some SCARY looking spiders! :eek:

InFlux

Enlightened
I father in law lives in western MA and got bit by a brown recluse last year.

Also I believe (but am not positive) that ALL spiders bite and are venomous to a certain degree.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xray - at first glance it looked like a brown recluse!! I don't see a fiddle/violin on it's back though..

LazerBurnz - I've been bitten by non dangerous spiders. usualy in my sleep. As there will be a bite hole and it's red, but it's fine in a few days. Those are the non-lethal, non-flesh killing ones. They still have poison, but it just doesn't affect us humans much.

tb2776

Newly Enlightened
MaxaBaker said:
I HATE spiders too.......and unfortunatly, there are A LOT of black widows in NJ (I live in NJ). :sigh:

x-ray and raggie,

those are some SCARY looking spiders! :eek:

Black widows in NJ? Since when and where would I find them in the wild?

I can deal with spiders. It's those big centipedes -- the big ones with the furry looking legs and the good eyesight -- so good they can see you coming. They are also quick as hell.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was getting the lawnmower out of the shed one day and grabbed the inside of the doorjamb to poked my head in to look for it. something told my to look down at my hand. when i did i saw a big black widow about 4 inches from my finger! whoa, close call!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Question to all: Would spiders creep you out if they didn't bite?

I don't think they would me. I used to grab and play with big ants all the time when I was small. (even though those would bite, I knew it wouldn't posion me). but I'm "afraid" of spiders...

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
tb2776 said:
Black widows in NJ? Since when and where would I find them in the wild?

The NJ Pine Barrens is one of the largest breeding grounds of them in the world I think. I've seen several down there myself. I had a close call with one (although not as close as nemuls) while putting garbage into a dumpster. There was one crawling along on the lid about 6-8 inches from where my hand opened it. That spider is no longer with us today.

Isaac, I'd definitly still be creeped out by them. The thing that gives me the creeps about them is the fast moving 8 legs. I know that there is no way I can react as fast as they can, and I don't like that feeling. They also just look evil, like they're just out to hurt me.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
Question to all: Would spiders creep you out if they didn't bite?

I don't think they would me. I used to grab and play with big ants all the time when I was small. (even though those would bite, I knew it wouldn't posion me). but I'm "afraid" of spiders...

Being creeped out by spiders is a good thing. It's nature's way of telling us to avoid them.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
nikon, I don't think I'd naturally be afraid if my parents hadn't told me the dangers of spiders and scorpions.