• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Mutt Lovers need your help! trade only.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok Si T thought up this hair brained scheme. Need somthing take got somthing leave it.

So Hear is what I would like to do. I know there are a lot of people with a lot of stuff lying around out there LOTS!!

So for the first week please e-mail me and send me a list of items you would like to donate to the MUTT SWAP. It is important that we get lots of different stuff bodies heads emitters reflectors you get the picture. I sort of wanted to make it so that except for reflectors all parts must be metal.
Lets say no more than 5 of any one object should be sent by any one person.
After a week I will generate a list of all parts given to the MUTT SWAP and I will open a new thread on the BST. Now this is how it works. If somthing is on the list and you need it then claim it and post what you will be sending to the MUTT SWAP in exchange. with a bit of luck the MUTT SWAP will grow and be fun. The idea is to have a free exchange of parts that one may not normally be able to find. The trust issue is important here. It s about sharing. Abuse is not cool and parts pledged must be sent. I will personally donate at least 10 quality desirable parts.
The stuff doesnt need to be new it needs to work. Whole lights will not be accepted the idea is to build lights out of other lights call them Mutts and have fun.

So if you guys want to do this PM Me next week the list will be revealed and the trading will start.
All you need to do is is be prepared to mail a part to somebody.

There are several ways to do this. It is your thing so you decide. Do we have a central place where all the parts go or do we just send the stuff to each other and use the MUTT SWAP to coordinate the transfers. I lean towards the central location for all the parts. Any ideas on this please post here. If you guys think this is a bad idea please post here too.
I am game to participate either way.
BTW if your PM ing me about this please put MUTTSWAP in the subject.
Yaesumofo

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
This is a very interesting idea as I have parts all over the place. I have many Dorcy bodies as well as loose 5 mm LEDs and other things. I like this idea and will watch to see if it catches on...great idea I think.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
A swap meet. Good idea, Give it time. My only concern is that what if an expensive part is up there and someone claims it and donates a cheaper part? You know what I mean...?

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is called the honor system. The system only survives if people are honest and fair about the trades made. So if it works it works.
I am open to checks and balences. Giving a point value to a certain kind of part may work. When you reach that level of donation points then you get to claim at that level.
Hell I don't know. Any ideas are welcome here AFIC.
I do know that in the stirit of CPF we need this sort of thing especially for the new person who maybe madethe wrong purchase. or the old timer with just way too much aluminum on his or her hands. If we set up a point system it becomes complicated. ( like a mag reflector is maybe 5 points but a surefire body is 50 points. springs could be 2 points and aluminum reflectors could be 15 or 20 depending on size. Point values could be based on a one for one to dollar value. Oldtimers could donate parts and then help out new people with point donations. I just don't know. The sky is the limit as far as i am concerned. A lot of what CPF has become about is money. This concept is all about not using money or having expectitations of values or any of that BS. You have somthing yopu don't need give it to somdoby who will use it. need somthing ask for it. Simple. Will it work. Maybe. If we set down some solid principals that motivate the concept into the right direction then it will work fine.
I will give it 4 weeks to start up with announcements of what is in the box from time to time.
If the system actually starts I will make sure that there are at least 5 D cell O-sinks. This is just a teaser.
BTW guys please do not post what you are giving into the system. Post that only to me for the moment we need to build up inventory first.
I could use help any volenteers?
Yaesumofo

IsaacHayes said:
A swap meet. Good idea, Give it time. My only concern is that what if an expensive part is up there and someone claims it and donates a cheaper part? You know what I mean...?