EDC Story

USARSHOE

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday my 5 y/o son and I started out on a sunny afternoon for our first geocaching venture. Just as we got to the furthest point from where we parked and the highest point on the hike a very large thunder storm rolled in on us. Seeing as how we were not in a good position to ride out the storm we started back down the trial towards our car. Between the oncoming storm and the density of the woods the trail became so dark that we could not follow it or see the trail markers. As luck would have it I received my new Q-III in the mail two days prior and started carrying it on my belt as my EDC light. My son and I used the Q-III to safely navigate our way out, ending up only getting a little wet in the process. For those people who cannot understand why some would carry a flashlight in the daytime, all I have to say is that you never know when you might need one and that having a light on you belt or in your pocket may mean the difference between getting home safely or not.

ThomasH

Newly Enlightened
People fill their old Geo Metro with all kinds of cool stuff, and hide it somewhere, even bury them!

Then they publish the GPS coordinates and folks go trying to find them!

Fun! :D

- Thomas

Last edited:

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
I love night caching as any flashaholic would my favoret night cache of all time is no longer running but heres the GCG# aneyway GCF798.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our geocaching team is known as the 'Vegas Night Owls'. We only geocache at night when we can use our flashlights. :)

Jeff

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
xpitxbullx said:
Our geocaching team is known as the 'Vegas Night Owls'. We only geocache at night when we can use our flashlights. :)

Jeff

WOW we have a team name "the Night Owls" Dont know if its still up and running though.

vic303

Enlightened
Welcome to geocaching & the need for flashlights! The QIII is a nice pocketlight too. Way brighter than my old E1e. Check out the Nuwai 1W luxeon headlamp for a nice cachers headlamp too!

Last edited:

Sixpointone

Enlightened
USARShoe,

That is a great sotry. I am glad both you and your son are well and pleased that your light was able to service you.

Welcome to the CPF!

All My Best,
John