Interesting power source

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Oh my ... if you thought the cell phone lith-ion meltdowns generated mass hysteria, just wait until a methanol fuel cell catastrophicly releases its magic smoke.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's see. It has a CPU so it can think. It breaths air and exhales carbon dioxide.

*eerie music*

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think menthol is regulated by the FDA in America, so maybe a while before they get it worked out. Not sure its worth the expense to run an mp3 player 60 hours. The ipod mini is suppose to run 18 hours on a charge, plus you can get a battery pack to extend the run time.

I rather they develop this technology for power hungry laptops and flashlights. My asus laptop has a centrino chip and runs 9 hours per the 9 cell battery. Its fairly small and light as is.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
9 hours is really good for a laptop. I remember laptops getting < 2 hours off giant NiMH battery packs - with absurd power-saving techniques like spinning down the harddrive after 10 minutes of no read/write, immediately disabling unused peripherals like PC ports/cards, and setting the already-dim screens to minimum brightness.