How do you like your Inova T2?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
There aren't many lights that I am interested in buying sheerly for their appearance, but the T2 is one of them. It's longer (than T1) cylindrical form just seems very high tech and kind of neat. Having said that, I fully realize it's the inbetween light in the Inova lineup, with similar output as the T1 but much greater runtime and flatter regulation, thanks to the better efficiency of a buck vs boost circuit. I know the T3 is brighter with more throw. But it's the T2 that I find interesting. So, has anyone else chosen the T2, and what are your opinions specific to it? What are you using it for, how do you like it?

matthewdanger

Enlightened
I chose the T2 over the T3 for 2 reasons: regulation and shape.

The output is pretty decent in terms of brightness, but where this light really rocks is regulation. 4 hours of nice even brightness is what I was after and the T2 delivers it.

The shape is perfect for use as a short baton (kubotan). With some practice it can be effective. I never fly without mine.

Overall, I am pleased with the light.

spoonrobot

Enlightened
I decided to go with the T2 as my EDC light mostly for the regulation. I usually carry an incandescent light for throw and overall output and an LED light for runtime and general use when lots of light is not really required. With almost 6hrs to 50% brightness I chose the T2 as my LED light and have had no real complaints with the light. Although I did have a problem with the clickie not functioning correctly about a month after I began carrying the light the Inova customer service sent me two new clickie tailcaps for what I later found out was minor corrosion on one of the batteries. Since then the light has given me 100%. A good mid-range EDC light if you want good out combined with great battery life.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have T1/T2/T3/T4

The T2 is my at home nightstand light. It has enough spill to use in a hallway. It has long run time in an emergency. It fits the hand perfect. The beam is white.

probably the best of all the T series for EDC and general use.

vic303

Enlightened
Madecov, what don't you like about the T3? I'm thinking about getting one to replace my E1e which was too dim. I like a LOT of light for a carried light. I have carried a 6P and Maxfire, so the T3 is comparable in size but superior in output & runtime by comparison.

TIA for your thoughts,
Vic

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like madecov, I have the T1, T2, T3, & T4.

Phaserburn is correct. The T1 & T2 have similar output. The T2 has slightly more output and throw, but in my experience it is not significant or in fact even noticeable.

If you like the straight cylindrical form, no doubt the T2 is the choice. It has about 3 times the regulated runtime of the T1. Of course it is longer by nearly an inch and a half. The shape makes it a good EDC in pocket or small holster.

I can't go without a good word for the T3. Yes the head is flared, but the length is only slightly longer than the T2. Runtime is about half. But the throw and total output are much greater. Nothing helps more than a wider deeper reflector.

I love the rechargeable T4. It is my first rechargeable light and the fact of just leaving it in the cradle and grabbing a fully powered light is great. Output and throw similar to the T3.

Summary: Tell me I can only keep one--it's the T3. (Please don't tell me that.)

Mark

vic303

Enlightened
Thanks Flash for the input on the T3. Now to find the best price for one...!
Anybody?
--Vic

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my T3 a lot. I keep it in my gear bag as a back up to the T4 on my duty belt.

The T1 and T2 do house duty. That way I don't have to unload the car every night or remember to bring the light back to work with me.

T1 or T2 is all you need for "light duty" use.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Phaserburn:

I've found the T2 to be a "tweener" light.

It's a beautifully balanced light with decent throw and OK spill for most tasks. Its strength is its fine runtime, which makes it perfect for bug-out/survival and a good emergency "car light," as well. I think of it as an X5T on steroids.

I've tried it as an alternate night-walk light, but its moderate-throw beam comes up a bit short in outside urban/suburban "clutter" (though far better than the X5T). It makes a decent "inside" light -- albeit lacking the nice flood of an L4. However, using the "ceiling bounce" method does the job inside. It's got typical Inova durability in spades... and it makes a handy Kubotan-type impact weapon, too. It's marginally "trouser-pocketable," though I'd guess Mae West might give ya some long-and-lurid smiles over its, umm, heft.

The best current price I've seen: defensedevices.com has the T2 for $40, and the T3 for $50. I've bought on-line from them and they were very good. They also have excellent deals (and info) on other neat stuff... especially the outstanding Fox OC defense sprays.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Ditto all the positive comments on the T2!! I had 2 X0s, a T1,T2,and a T3. All were sold except for the T2!

Indeed it's combination of output & runtime resulted in that decision!

It's a keeper!

underdust

Newly Enlightened
I have two T2's stashed away in case of emergencies. I leave one in my car, and one in my desk at work. The runtime was the main reason behind my decision to go with them. I think they're great.