LED news story

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a 20 led bulb from the ccrane company. It has a small blue spot, about that of a 7 led light. Anywhere other than a reading lamp it is just too dim. I wont rush out just yet to replace all the lights in my apartment.

Spacemarine

Enlightened
Quote from the article:

I use a 2-LED flashlight all the time. It's nearly indestructible and after almost five years, it's still bright and I've never needed to change the batteries.

I really wonder what his definition of bright ist...

Ow what he means by "using it all the time". Perhaps once every two years or so?

Thermalarc

Newly Enlightened
Tough crowd ;). I didn't say it'd be accurate or even informative, I was only putting it up for perusal.

MVB

Newly Enlightened
Thermalarc said:
Thought some might be interested in this piece from MSNBC:

http://tinyurl.com/dhw3l

The article makes me wonder if the c. crane company is an MSNBC advertizer . . . And the author failed to mention the now omnipresent use of LEDs in traffic lights.

There was a link posted here in the forums a week or two ago to an article that predicted that LEDs will replace other lighting types by 2010. The current (no pun intended :laughing: ) technology isn't quite there yet.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
MVB said:
There was a link posted here in the forums a week or two ago to an article that predicted that LEDs will replace other lighting types by 2010. The current (no pun intended :laughing: ) technology isn't quite there yet.

You're right, it's not quite there yet but it ain't far away. 2010 is 4 years away and 4 years is a long time in LED years.

Latest posts