Addiction....

boostmiser

Newly Enlightened
Well, since joining a few months ago, I've: refurbished my SL-20, purchased a SL 4AA, SL Strion, SF 6P and a SF A2. Oh, and I've converted my kids min-mags to LED's. Now I'm sure many of you have done worse. But I'm done. I can't keep doing this and I'm content with what I have. Yes, I'm content...right?

lights.jpg

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have to ask one of us if you're content, then you aren't! You've only just begun. It's a long slippery slope, but at least it's well lit!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
That 6P-GM looks absolutely awesome in the picture.. must have one.. must have one..

Wait...

I already do have one :D

Problem is you'll feel like buying every light you now come across, even when you already have one :devil:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I dont know about the Strion, but it looks like to me you havent even broke 100 lumens!! Don't quit here, keep striving until your hunger for lights have been at least 75% satisfied. You need at least one HID. Its worth it to wow your buddies with an hotwired mag. Atleast one custom wouldnt hurt. And lastly don't forget the HDS Ultimate 85 GT is coming out in a few weeks! :rock:

Don't let others fuel your flashlight decisions,
-PSM

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I once said I was content. And my wife reminded me of my "contentedness" every chance she got. Her affirmation was "You don't need another dam light!" I stayed content for close to 18 months. And everyday CPF taunted my contentness with stories of happy people and their new lights. Well my contentedness soon became envy, then despair. Then the new Arc AAA's became available and I said to myself, just a little one won't hurt. Then it was a SF E2O. Then a 9P and now once again I'm spinning out of control.

Don't fool yourself! We are what we are...

FLASHAHOLICS!!!

Geogecko

Enlightened
:crackup:"Welcome to the Club."

I once thought the same as you...and realized...I had joined the club.

No membership fees apply, just one light, bought out of the joy and wonderful pictures taken by their owners, will forever have you captivated.

I have just 3 lights, if you do not count my "beaters", on my way to a 4th, and see/discover a new "must have" every time I spend a few minutes here.

I just cut myself off of the SF A2 thread, as I was on the verge again...

Again, "Welcome to the Club." --Membership is for life

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
This affliction does not end...ever. :broke: ;)

Just moments ago, I had my info entered for an EDC Ultimate 60...looking at my desk, I asked myself...what will tempt me in the next group buy, BST... :ohgeez: I killed the screen and told myself..."I can go 2 days without buying a light."

"I can stop at anytime"...you believe that right? :grin2:

AuroraLite

Enlightened
A flashaholic asking other flashaholics the issue of contendedness is like a goldfish asking other goldfishes whether they need another meal--the fact that you are reading this line will probably proof that flashaholism has no end. :laughing:

There is a reason why our motto is 'buy 'em both!' :crackup:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
AuroraLite said:
A flashaholic asking other flashaholics the issue of contendedness is like a goldfish asking other goldfishes whether they need another meal--the fact that you are reading this line will probably proof that flashaholism has no end. :laughing:

PROFOUND!! :bow: :bow:

vontech

Newly Enlightened
From one to another, don't worry .... Just take it a day at a time ...

I'm a newbie like you --- I joined in March --- and now I've purchased almost $4K in lights!! Drawers full of 'em!

I probably need an intervention or something ... :dedhorse:

Tom

prof

Enlightened
agreed, the darn things are really addicting...just got an inova x1 the other day. Cool light, useful outside (ok, not as good as the infinity ultra inside, but cool outside) and I just WANTED IT.

gotta get my head checked out...

kalengkong

Newly Enlightened
by the wayy.....
hmmm.... That 6P Gun MEtal looks good isnt it?
hey look, im not addicted. I just want to buy another one. whats wrong with you guys?
*clicking ebay*

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
30 lights in the collection here - and that's only because I've sold some, I think I've owned easily 60+ lights including the ones I let go of! EDC means three lights at least, with one extra in the workbag.

I love the goldfish quote.. I sent it to another flashaholic who dares not hang here for fear that he will buy every damn light mentioned ;) (he bought at LEAST a dozen G2s)

The 6P-GM is beautiful, but wait till you start attempting to collect the entire Surefire GM/SG series or the Limited Edition ones. This series has matching colors, despite the different names - and the SG ones are extremely hard to get hold of.

aaa.jpg

Geogecko

Enlightened
What are the SG ones? Never heard of them...wait...don't answer that...please...for the love of all things that make light...don't answer that.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Already answered: see above picture. The satin-gray (SG) color that certain limited edition E1e, E2e, and KL1 lights were made in. :D