OT: Help With Bin Codes ?

Former_Mag_User

Enlightened
The "T" of course represents brightness

WO represents the tint of white. There are variations of white, YA and YO havea little blue, X1 has a little green, etc. WO is the purest white available.

H, the Vf (Forward Volatge), represents how much voltage the LED uses. In this case it is 3.03V - 3.27V.

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
So are there any XW0H's ??

From http://home.comcast.net/~theledguy/bin_codes/index.htm :

1w & 5w
Flux.......Min Lumens............Max Lumens
T.................67.2...........................87.4
U.................87.4..........................113.6
V................113.6.........................147.7
W...............147.7.........................192.0
X................192.0.........................249.6

3w
T.................67.2..........................87.4
U.................87.4..........................113.6
V.................113.6........................147.7
W................147.7........................192.0
X.................192.0........................249.6

So are there any XW0H's ??

And where does "OVERACHIEVING" comes in ?

Last edited:

wtraymond

Enlightened
Re: So are there any XW0H's ??

I don't think there has ever been any XWOHs. There have been a few Lux V X bins available in the past, but Lux V Vf range starts at R (5.43v-5.91v) and goes through W (7.83v-8.31v). These X bin Lux Vs are extremely rare and have not been available for some time.

The highest flux Lux IIIs are currently U bin, but if development continues, we may one day see X bin Lux IIIs. Lux I and Lux III are available in Vf bins from E (2.31v-2.55v) to N (4.23v-4.47v).

Wow, can you just imagine the throw, brightness, and runtime of a M@g mod with an X binned Lux III? PQS and four XWOHs??

bombelman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, Amazing !

Thanks for clearing that all up for me.

I'm not as "dim" as I was before.

Cheers

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast

My first mod was a 3x5W w bin light that fits in the palm of your hands (square box with 8AA batteries) and a fan to cool the thing... lean and mean.... must still be here somehwere.. It was an old Swiss Army light converted into something brighter...

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is becoming quite educational yet I'm still a bit :huh2:
(Please excuse the :dedhorse: )

Looking at the Shoppe I am trying to learn the characteristocs of two Lux III emitters: TX1J and UX1K

http://home.comcast.net/~theledguy/bin_codes/index.htm

Now tell me if I'm reading this right: the TX1J is a lower output emitter with less forward voltage so it may be a hair dimmer with longer runtime. The UX1K will have higher output and shorter run time?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. I wouldn't expect a big difference in runtime due to a lower Vf, though.
For instance...I changed the stock SX1J on a Q3 to a TYOK. I did runtime tests before and after the mod. The difference was 1 minute.
The T bin was significantly brighter, though.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

mobile1 said:
My first mod was a 3x5W w bin light that fits in the palm of your hands (square box with 8AA batteries) and a fan to cool the thing... lean and mean.... must still be here somehwere.. It was an old Swiss Army light converted into something brighter...

I remember that mod.. awesome thing indeed.

I can't say i hate the look of 4x UX1L slightly overdriven.. i get 10,000 lux with my RT4.

-awr

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an X1 color bin Lux V - it is fine if driven up around 600 - 800ma, but at 200ma, it is a tad yellow - compared to a very white light.

If I turn off the other lights in the garage, and run it at 5ma - yes, 5ma, it is still remarkably useful, and the tint question disappears. You would be amazed how long batteries last at 5ma.

Latest posts