Hurricanes here to stay for 25 to 40 yrs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkLight

Enlightened
I for one don't buy the commie answer to the hurricanes is global warming.

the experts say its a normal Atlantic cycle.... I tend to believe this..

One volcano eruption can dwarf man's output of greenhouse gases..

What say you?

Malpaso

Enlightened
Agreed. I've always subscribed to the theory that there are three things in nature that man can NOT control; wind, water and fire.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hahaha. I'm sure women don't want to be controled though. Perhaps replace the word "control" with "understand" LOL! :D

Steve C

Enlightened
NOLA was uninhabitable BEFORE Katrina.

But the president has committed to re-building it. Good point re insurers; looks like they're (insurance companies) fixing to take another bad hit in Texas; our collective rates are going to skyrocket, no doubt.

If I annoyed anyone with that first sentence, sin loi. I've spent a lot of time in that place over the years, and cannot understand how some folks think it is charming, quaint, etc.

Judging from the large number of DPs (displaced persons from the GNO area) I've spoken with who have NO intention of going back, a lot of decent folks who lived there were looking for a way to get out.

Katrina has obliged them. And those who do go back are fooling themselves. This disaster WILL happen again. Maybe sooner, maybe later. But geography cannot be denied.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I've always gotten a chuckle from something I heard once.

If a President tells his Airforce Chief "Go destroy the ozone layer!" the AFC would tell him "Ain't no way Sir!".

I do not think man can affect the weather one way or the other.

Empath

Flashaholic
We already have a current thread on the topic Please post your comments to that one. Darklight, as the thread originator, calling those that disagree with your opinon "commies" pretty well dooms the survival of the thread anyway. I'd suggest that if you do post your opinion in the above linked thread, that you find more respectable terminology for those that don't agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.