got a persnel asst comeing to help me tomorow

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its a person who comes to my house to help me with stuff.such as meds managment house hold stuff.and stuff to help me get life more together im kinda nervess no one has ever been in my house before but my dad.im also afraid ill be doing a lot wrong and the owrst is im sure the vechcile they dirve will say something embaresing.i sure hope it dont say something to emabareing.i dont want my neibeers knowing i have problems

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Raggie,

It is OK to be a little bit nervous, I myself am at times too.

Just know that no matter how you feel that you will always have friends here at the CPF!

Hope that helps,
John

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
It'll be fine, Raggie. Remember NOBODY'S life is perfect, so whatever it says on their vehicle, so what? You could adopt a thick brooklyn accent and say "Whaddya YOU lookin at?" (Like that Capital One commercial).
:)

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually despite my lustful wishes about a personal assistant, upon further reflection, I think this could be a postive visit and advise to take it with an open mind. I recall going thru severe panic attacks during my 20s and nevermind personal visits, I could only see the psyc like once every two or three weeks because that's all insurance would cover. Besides if you're lucky it will be a cute girl.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Raggie:

If a personal management expert is going to be at your house, you shouldn't be nervous at all, that's what they do for a living, you will not see any embarrasing signs or whatever things that could make you feel bad, just a plain car, with a plaing person, you can say it's your aunt or whatever it pleases you.

What you need to do is let them see you how you really are, don't hide anything, your not gonna marry her anyway! :laughing: let them decide a good plan that meets your needs and be positive about getting help, Sometimes we need someone to show us what we can't see for ourselves.

Good luck!
AlexGT

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
AlexGT had a good post. This person will be friendly and helpful, you can count on that. You have nothing to fear from them. I doubt the vehicle will say anything at all. Open yourself up to them, and it will be a good experience for both of you. Let them see what a good person you are inside, and you'll do fine. It may take some time to open up to them, but I bet you'll find a new friend in this person.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i dont like it at all.i dont want em here but the dr says i have to have em come,im so stressed i cant sleep .i always keep my house clean so thats good .o boy i guess just ask them to sit but im not sure where to ask em to sit.i have a couch and a table but the table is very tall. so i can see tv when i eat.aint normal height

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
Raggie,

I think you have very little to worry about. I suspect that you have yourself, your life, and your situation together and in order much, much, more than the majority of "clients" that this assistant type individual normaly helps.

You can run computers and work on them, you can converse with all of us on CPF and the Internet, you can take pictures and post them for us to see. And these are only simple examples of the things you're capable of. You may not think it's a big deal, but there are literaly MILLIONS of "normal" people you might mistakenly think are "better" than you are out there that wouldn't have the first clue of how to do those things.

Assuming this assistant is a nice normal person you can get along with, use them to your advantage. Since you've gotten this far in life without one, you know you don't really need this assistant. However, use this asistant to relax a bit, since you know you have some backup. Keep doing the normal good job at running your life that you have been, but rest a little easier and try to be less anxious about forgetting something, or having problems you can't handle, because you know you have the assistant to help you on the rare chance you need them.

So simply put, relax because you know you don't really need this assistant, and relax more because you know you've got the assistant on the rare chance you need them.

Most people have to be rich and famous before they can get an assistant to help them run their day-to-day lives. Try to think of it that way. :)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i cancled i just coiuldt do it she is now comeing moday at 930 am she seems very very nice.

BB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie,

Don't keep canceling... You are just making things worst in your own head. The person is coming to help you!

Address issues head on--don't deflect them for another day. It does not fix anything and usually just makes you feel worst in both the short and long term.

-Bill

Last edited: