PAL Survival and Onestars

wheel

Newly Enlightened
Hello: Really enjoy this board, lots of excellent information. Do not see much on the PAL survival and Onestars. Thinking about using either the Survial or the Onestar with green LED for Aviation use at night. Anyone have experience with these lights. Thanks

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wheel:
Hello: Really enjoy this board, lots of excellent information. Do not see much on the PAL survival and Onestars. Thinking about using either the Survial or the Onestar with green LED for Aviation use at night. Anyone have experience with these lights. Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd go with the Onestar in this case, because when you turn it on, it *starts* with the dimmest setting, rather than blasting to full power and blinding you inside the cockpit.

Mike

Newly Enlightened
I have a green PAL survival. I don't really like it. The beam is a narrow spot with rings outside of that. It isn't very good for reading. I've put it in a car to be used as an emergency flasher if needed. Maybe the infinity AA light would be something to consider.