in regards to the Psycho Mag mod...

Turbo_E

Enlightened
I had been trying to figure a way to power 15 X 20,000 (or 26,000) MCD leds inside the Mag head.

I had built 3 assemblies of 5 LEDs and had spaced them aout in the head accordingly.

unfortunately I couldnt figure a way to power the leds while the luxes were runing off a fatman converter and 2 D cells.

the luxes were draining all the power.

Right now I'm thinking of using a ebay LED light and using the booster circut to power the LEDs. the 2 D's could prbably do the job by themselves (with the luxes off) but I'd like the option to run the LED's at the same time, as i don't like the look of the "dark areas" between the Lux reflectors.

besides it'll be stupidly bright to boot.

I'd like to not have to use another mini toggle switch as I like the clean look, but i don't think there's a way around it.

do you think this would work?

any suggestions or feedback?

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
the luxes are using all of the present converters power, but surely not all the power that the batteries could have.

postabilities
run 2 driver boards, one for the luxes, and one for the led array, making sure that the total out of the driver, will run the total of the leds, and that none of them come undone.

certannly a e-bay cheap multi led light that has a driver, and the leds, and might save money , over buying a second driver alone. probably have to use as many exactally leds as they do, to get the same current to them.

just stick more luxes in, if you cant heat sync them just run them very underpowered.

take the juice from the luxeons, if the voltage to get to the correct current (on a current driver) is the same as what you want to run the other leds at, and the driver can handle the load. that way you have more leds being driven slightly under, and about the same ammount of light (slightly more efficient underdriven) with greater longevity.

problemas
5mm leds dont last doodly, so drive them real correctally at least, them multi 5mm led lights arent designed for the kind of use a lux light might get.