Best flashlight movie

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always find it way more interesting to watch a movie if there is some flashlight action and I suppose there isn't just me who looks more at the Maxabeam than the monster in Jurassic Park for example.

If you have seen a movie (good or bad) with some good flashlight action, please post it here! This will hopefully make a good "must see"-list.

I'll start:

Title: Jurassic Park
Year: 1993
Flashlights shown: Maxabeam
Comment: A must-see for all flashaholics. Minutes of Maxabeam orgy!

Title: The day after tomorrow
Year: 2004
Comment: When picking up all the expensive, high-tech stuff you need for an arctic rescue mission, what better flashlight is there?

I sound like a real Maxabeam fan now but it's just that they appear in so many movies and makes them self a big role in the movie.

Thanks!
/Andreas

pradeep1

Enlightened
I saw LOST last night on ABC and at one point when the lead Jack is in the cave, it seems he was carrying an Aleph custom flashlight. :confused:

InFlux

Enlightened
I was trying to identify that flashight on Lost too. I thought it looked like an Aleph too!

It did take quite a fall and kept working :grin2:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Will Smith in I, robot carries what looked like a SF 8ax when he goes check out the robot storage facility.

In Hell Boy, the actors seem to be carrying SF 6P's or 8ax's.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
winny said:
Title: The day after tomorrow
Year: 2004
Comment: When picking up all the expensive, high-tech stuff you need for an arctic rescue mission, what better flashlight is there?

I sound like a real Maxabeam fan now but it's just that they appear in so many movies and makes them self a big role in the movie.

Thanks!
/Andreas

The light in that movie was a Surefire M6.

-David

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheapo, there were Maxas in there as well.

However, the BEST movie for flashlight action is Alien vs Predator IMHO. It has waaay more maxabeam action than even Jurassic Park.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Quite a few SureFire M4s on the low budgeted movie A Sound of Thunder. . .That going back in time for a T-Rex "kill" and then coming back to present day.

That isn't the best movie with flashlights in it because there are many others. There's also "Pitch Black" with old style SureFires and some turboheads in it.

Last edited:

Santelmo

Enlightened
Just saw "A Sound of Thunder". They were carrying a large Surefire with a cap in it? M6?

Malpaso

Enlightened
Quest for Fire had some really early model, but I couldn't identify it.

danielo_d

Enlightened
Malpaso said:
Quest for Fire had some really early model, but I couldn't identify it.

Yeah, I remember that. The model name had something like "torch" in it, right?
bucktooth.gif

Danno

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Alien Vs. Predator". Not a great movie, but nice Maxabeams. I especially like the "misuse" of lighting up an artifact right in front of you with the Maxa right beside your head :huh:.

And let's not forget the flashaholic TV show CSI (and spin-offs). Streamlight Scorpion, lots of Surefires (they even use the L4), Inova X5.

Oh, and Star Trek Enterprise used redressed M4s! With some LEDs on the back to make them look more futuristic. And on the trivia subtitles on the DVD they praised the development of blue LEDs.

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
O boy, o boy... This calls out for several movie-nights!

To summarize this.

To-see movies:
Jurassic Park (again)
I, Robot (again)
The day after tomorrow (again)
Cheapo (couldn't find it on imdb)
Alien vs. Predator
A Sound of Thunder
Pitch Black (again, this is one of my favorite movies, it's just a so dang good-looking movie)
Darkness falls
Ghost ship
Hell boy
Quest for Fire
The Island (saw it yesterday and did notice the Inova)

To-see tv-series:
The office
Lost
Star Trek Enterprise
CSI

Although CSI is a good flashlight series, it's very annoying how they use them (holding it in a very awkward position) and all the stupid sounds and animations every time they use a computer. "Bring up his file" Horatio says and the computer starts "BEEEP-ooo-weeeee-ppp-geeee-prprprpr-beee-weeee" and animates a file spinning in five dimensions and makes the text jump all over the screen.
God damn it! :rant: I would kill someone, probably the programmer who made the UI, if I had to work with it all day long. I would at least kill off the speaker with 10 kV or so to make it stop the hard way.

Furthermore, the producers assume that the viewers does not know anything about everything. My favorite scene is in CSI: Miami is when Horatio is digging in the remainings of a fire and says something like "Look at this, a capacitor." and Eric asks "An electric energy storage?".
No way! :ohgeez: If you are so certain that it's a capacitor, you already know what it's used for and don't need an explanation. If the tv-sofa viewers don't know what a capacitor is, don't explain it to the characters in the show. It makes people like me, who knows what a capacitor is, stop watching the show. At least IMHO.

I suppose I can mute the TV and just watch the show without any beeps and explanations...

Last edited: