ORB RAW'S 2-STAGE SWITCH SPECS?

jmy808

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a complete 2-stage switch from Orb for my Raw on 9/12. My question is- what bin is currently in the assembled units being shipped (mine if known)? Also, what resistor is used? And how long can I really expect it to light on low? Oh heck! How about the complete specs? Anyone know? Rob?
I haven't received it yet but am excited and chomping at the bit until installation.
Thanks,
Jay

Last edited:

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the board was two-stage, and not the 'switch' since it's a twistie - you twist it in, and hit the resistor and turning it more goes into direct drive sans resistor. As far as I know, he's still using TWOKs or similar, maybe TYAK. You'll get around 4 hours of runtime, IIRC, though I'd suggest just emailing Rob and asking. :D

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
It took me a while to find it. You can read Orb's post on the Sterling Silver Raw part 3 Thread page 1 or read my copy & paste below. :wave:

"Had time to develope a two stage switch for these & all future Raws, & any Raws that wish to upgrade.
It will be an optional extra but will include for the AgTi Raws & Full Solid silver.
The setting of choice has been 22 ohm Resistor running at 40 Ma. this is plenty of light for most tasks & gives a massive 8 hours run time, From 1 RCR2"