Question on SF's KL3 Differnet Generations

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello,

I'm sort of confused at all of the differnet generations of KL3 heads that Surefire makes...

At:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/surefire_kl3gen2.htm

the gen2 looks like:
surefire_kl3gen2_002.jpg

But on surefire's website they have a KL3 head looking like:

kl3ha_full01.jpg

whats the differnce between these models besides cosmetic? I'm guessing that the ribs in the newer model is for heat disapation but thats just a theory...

Also, does anyone know the bezel diameter of the new KL3 head... and if you have this new one.. how much throw do you have with it?

Thanks!

Topper

Flashaholic*
Yes the older model has the fins. Glad you were able to answer your own question. SF makes great lights however updating the website is aparently way down on the "stuff to do list" has been for sometime.
Topper

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
jar3ds said:
whats the differnce between these models besides cosmetic? I'm guessing that the ribs in the newer model is for heat disapation but thats just a theory...

Also, does anyone know the bezel diameter of the new KL3 head... and if you have this new one.. how much throw do you have with it?

Thanks!

The gen 2 is 1.47" and it throws about 50m. Haven't tried the gen 1, but as you may have seen from flashlightreviews, the gen 1 is a more 'floody' beam while gen 2 is a tight thrower, though total output is similar.

The KL3 gen 1 and 2 are very distinguishable and only have 2 generations, if you ever go into the KL1 'world', then it'll get more confusing! :p

Latest posts