can't lockout Gladiut to prevent turn on?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't seem to lock the tailcap of Gladius to prevent it from turningon. I checked the spec of gladius in which the instruction showed turn from channel 1 to 4 to lock it. I turn the cap but it didn't turn to channel 4 according to the spec diagram. Is there something I miss????:thinking:

channel 1: momentary on
channel 2: strobe
channel 3: constant on / adjustable dimness
channel 4: lockout.

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
To reach the lockout, depress the button slightly, and turn the ring counterclockwise at the same time (from the constant on position). You need probably both hands at the beginning. If you depress the button too far, you'll lock the light in the constant on mode.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried holding down cap button with one hand lightly, and while holding turning the tallcap with second hand with no luck. the light still can turn on.

I am puzzled by the setting. I read the spec manual of gladius from its website. :thinking: :thinking:

Ok. I finally managed to lock it. man. this thing is tricky to turn off.

Last edited:

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Not tricky at all! You've just got to learn to do it right! Practice makes perfect!!

mtbkndad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picard,
I agree with dougmccoy. It is really not that tricky once you get the hang of it. I can lock my Gladius out easily with one hand now. I generally carry it in momentary on mode. I found that I prefer having it in momentary on as it is used nearly every day and when I need light quick it is faster and easier for me to just pull it out of it's holster and push the button then to pull, turn, & push.

If you like carrying it in lockout mode, just practice for a few days and it will become second nature.

Take Care,
mtbkndad :wave:

Last edited: