New Surefire A2-BK-WH - DEAD!

WhiteLight

Newly Enlightened
Well after waiting and waiting for what seemed like forever this morning I got a call from the post office saying I had a package there if I would like to stop and pick it up.

I ordered my A2-BK like others did on this post.
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/92307

Now I have a nice A2-BK and it does not work!
Dead, no led, no lamp.

I changed batteries. I took the tail cap off and jumped it out on the end to see if it was the switch. Nothing, no light at all. :awman:

I took a meter and removed the bezel to check for voltage and there is no voltage getting to the bezel.

I know surefire will take care of it for me, but it still sucks.
Now I have to send it to surefire and hope they fix it and don't just mail me back a A2-HA.

Kai

Newly Enlightened
Dude, same thing happened to me. I took the whole light apart and cleaned all the threads. Re-lubed and cleaned the contact on the lamp assembly and presto the light worked. Good luck.

WhiteLight

Newly Enlightened
Kai said:
Dude, same thing happened to me. I took the whole light apart and cleaned all the threads. Re-lubed and cleaned the contact on the lamp assembly and presto the light worked. Good luck.

I just tried that after reading your post. Still no light.

Checking it with a volt meter and jumping the tail cap out I don't get any voltage at the end of the body.

You can push on the end of the batteries in the tube and it feels like they are pushing against the spring inside.

I emailed surefire just to see what they say. I'm sure it will have to be sent in Monday.

It's really going to suck if after all this wait I just end up with a A2-HA and not the black I wanted.

Anyone have any luck with surefire fixing the light they sent in or do they just replace them?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Give SF a chance to fix it, the true test of a manufacturer is how well they take care of you.

I would insist on the black too, after all we bought it as a limited edition partly because of the color.

WhiteLight

Newly Enlightened
Should I wait to hear a reply to the email I sent surefire first or should I go ahead and mail it in?

I would really like to get this to them ASAP and get it taken care of.

WhiteLight

Newly Enlightened
270winchester said:
if you are in the United States, call them on monday to obtain a Return Authorization Number, they have a different address for warranty returns that is not shown in public....dont just send it in...

I will give them a call Monday, thanks.

WhiteLight

Newly Enlightened
I called Surefire and they gave me a RAN number.
Of it the mail it will go for another 2-3 week wait.
Have to add another $9 to the cost of this light too for shipping it to surefire. :(

This light is starting to be a pain.

Surefire said being it's a black one they will just replace the guts inside and send it back.

Wish me luck, I really need it after last week. :)

Last edited:

WhiteLight

Newly Enlightened
HarryN said:
Seems kind of strange for a SF to be DOA. I wonder if someone is cloning SF lights.

If it's a clone it's the best one I have ever seen. It's not the first surefire I have ever had and it won't be the last.

WhiteLight

Newly Enlightened
Just a little update, I called surefire and they recieved my light on the 28th.
I asked them how long they thought it would take to repair and they said to give them a couple weeks. :awman:

I hope they are faster then that.

After all it's just a flashlight, how long can it take to fix. lol... :)

The only other company I have sent things in under warranty to get repaired has been Leatherman.

Both times I sent in my multi-tool I had a new one sent back to me a week after I mailed it to them, now that's fast!

Someone please tell me how fast surefire is. :)

beavo451

Newly Enlightened
My friend left his G2 Nitrolon in his pants and put it through the washer and dryer. It still worked when twisted, but the momentary on was intermittent. Sent it to Surefire and it took about 2 weeks from the day we sent it to the day we got it back. They had cleaned out all the corrosion inside the light caused by the deterent and water. They may take longer for your Aviator because of the more complex internals.

Lmtfi

Newly Enlightened
WhiteLight said:
Just a little update, I called surefire and they recieved my light on the 28th.
I asked them how long they thought it would take to repair and they said to give them a couple weeks. :awman:
I hope they are faster then that.
After all it's just a flashlight, how long can it take to fix. lol... :)
:)

I'm guessing that 95% of that time is spent waiting in line behind lights that arrived before yours.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you check with SupremoCo about a replacement first or did they tell you to send it back straight to Surefire?

You might get a new style round body A2-BK back from SF if yours was the old style with 3 flat sides.

nc987

Enlightened
A reputable dealer that cares about customer service would take the flashlight back, send you the exact same one and then take your broken one and send it back to Surefire and deal with it themselves. Surefire will most often try to fix the flashlight before replacing it with a new one.

WhiteLight

Newly Enlightened
flashlight said:
Did you check with SupremoCo about a replacement first or did they tell you to send it back straight to Surefire?

You might get a new style round body A2-BK back from SF if yours was the old style with 3 flat sides.

I did not check with SupremoCo first. It took two weeks to get it here and I thought it would be fast to just send it to surefire.

I called surefire before I sent it and they told me that being it was a black one they would repair it by replacing the guts inside and not just send me a new light.

I made it clear that is what I wanted done when I was on the phone with them and in the letter I sent with the light.

If they replaced it with the new style black one that I have read is out that would be ok with me too. :)

I also let surefire know it would be ok if they returned my light with a box or two of batteries. :)

Time will tell. :)

kukula

Enlightened
This thread is worrying me. Like you Whitelight and alot of others I too placed an order with Supremeco for the black A2. I just hope that I wont experience the same thing as you did, especially this being my first real light. It would be so discouraging. I would suggest that you try letting Supremeco know your problem. I know you already sent your A2 straight to SF, but it would tell us alot what kind of dealer Supremeco is by how they would act on your problem. Just my .02 cents

Chris