Recommend me a good "The Cure" cd?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear songs on the radio I like from them like "Just Like Heaven" and "I will always Love You" and I like them but I don't own any cds from the group. Which one should I get to start me off?

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have Mixed Up,
It is remixed versions of Cure songs so they are a little different. I need to find that CD, crank it up and have a few drinks now that you mention it.

bhds

Enlightened
"Galore-The Singles 1987-1997"

contains "just like heaven", "fascination street" "pictures of you" "friday i'm in love with you". etc. Quite a few of their more accessible/recognizable songs.

Go to Amazon.com and look up their albums. You can hear 30 second clips of all the songs on the albums

By the way. You mentioned "I will always love you" I believe the correct name of the song is "Love Song" One of their hits which is also on "Galore"

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
The best and worst thing about "The Cure" is the fact that they released ALOT of compilation cd's with remixes/live versions of songs. I would buy any cd from them on sight when I was in high school because you just never knew what you were gonna get until you listened to it.

I believe the cd that I loved the most was called "Kiss", I could be wrong, though. The music was a little on the dark and brooding side (do you know a highschooler that isn't:p ), but had the studio version of "Just Like Heaven" that I adored.

dc

Newly Enlightened
I like Disintegration alot and would recommend it to u cos every song in that album is nicely done in the signature "The Cure" style.
Thinking back, their songs bring back alot of memories for me..

Rgrds,
Daniel

Latest posts