NOW THIS IS A SPARES CARRIER.

cslinger

Enlightened
Well a received a couple of new toys today. Two can be seen here. One is the Pelican 1040 mini case from Battery Station with 12 batteries and laying peacefully inside is my new Surefire Black HA A2 from Supremco.

Now this little Pelican cut for flashlight and batteries is a killer case. I will definitely be getting another. Would make a great glove compartment set for a car.

Along the outside are a few more toys.

Chris

075485-big.JPG

supes

Enlightened
The combos with the batteries and cases at Battery Station are just awesome. I need to get some more now that you remind me. BTW, what kind of Sig is that? P228 maybe? I can't really make out of the writing on the picture. Looks good!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool. Reminds me that I need a case to carry my o-sink modules for my swappable mag. Well I found one. The little white cardboard box the sandwich shop ships stuff in. Just gotta get some foam for it. :)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
NICE! Add room for the knife and it would be truly cool - light, spare batteries, knife. The essentials you want with you :)

cslinger

Enlightened
Is that Mitch Rosen leather?

Does my heart good that you guys seem more interested in the go bang stuff instead of the go bright stuff. :D

I wish it was Mitch Rosen leather. It is actually very inexpensive Don Hume leather and I am very impressed/happy with his stuff. I have about four holsters made by Hume and all are excellent and when you factor their price they are fantastic.

My only two "high end" holsters are a Galco and a Kramer. Both are very nice, especially the Galco but all in all Hume really seems to live by his credo of making inexpensive high quality products so the average street cop can afford it. (I am not a LEO nor do I play one on TV nor did I stay in a Hollywood express last night.)

Chris

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
cslinger said:
Does my heart good that you guys seem more interested in the go bang stuff instead of the go bright stuff. :D
Chris

I also couldn't help noticing the blade as well since it is in the forefront of the picture. While CRKT is nice you need something a little more upscale to match that Sig and A2. My personal favorite is Strider. Look at the SnG, AR/GB or SMF folders. Love those tigerstriped blades!

cslinger

Enlightened
Of all the knives I have carried the CRKT M16 series fits me the best. The way it opens, it's size, etc. It serves me well. I am going to be buying a more upscale knife in the near future but the CRKT is what I will carry. I have also had nothing short of spectacular service from Columbia River Knife and Tool.

Besides a measly SIG P245 in a $30 holster isn't upscale, now the HK P7s or possibly the Walther P5 on the other hand.....................

slind1

Newly Enlightened
Chris,

Just had to add my two cents. Awesome setup... Don't know about "measly SIG 245", didn't know that Sig made anything "measely"... <grin> I'm just jealous, I have to make due with a ex-LEO G19. I'll have to check out the Don Hume leather, looks nice. The Kramer stuff is nice but big $$$.

I'll have to check out the battery station deals. Looks nice.

Congrats,
Steve

cslinger

Enlightened
As to how they cut the holes my guess is a drill of some type. The foam is very dense, almost hard so it seems like a drill with appropriate sized bit would work just fine. The only foam I have worked with is much softer and a real PITA to work with, freezing it helps actually. This stuff is super dense and seems like it would cut or drill very easily.

I'll have to check out the Don Hume leather, looks nice. The Kramer stuff is nice but big $$$

The Kramer I have is very nice but not worth the money. I have heard Milt Sparks and Del Fatti make some stuff that is "worth the money" but for just plane old actual use, not pictures or fashion statements, Don Hume makes some darn fine stuff at prices people can afford.

Don't know about "measly SIG 245", didn't know that Sig made anything "measely"...
Well they don't really. I am a SIG guy at heart and have several. It's just that the little P245 is downright homely compared to my HK P7s or Walther P5.

buba

Newly Enlightened
scuba said:
Nice!

Just curious...how do you cut the foam in order to have a perfect circle?

I am sure Kevin at BatteryStation is having the dense foam inserts die-cut by someone. The cost of a custom die is not cheap.

I once custom made a case for a hearing aid and used metal tubing (with edges sharpened by a file) to cut a circle for a spare ear mold into a piece of medium dense foam. I used the the Pelican 1010 case.

You can purchase just the 1040 case and a pick 'n pluck foam insert from BatteryStation and custom configure your own setup. The pick 'n pluck foam has a light density and is micro-perforated in tiny squares that you can pluck out with tweezers.

Pelican Cases

Last edited: