Surefire E2e Tailcap ?

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Is there any way you can determine what type of tailcap (i.e. older version or the new clicky version) a Surefure E2e has WITHOUT removing the E2e from the factory-sealed Surefire box?

For example, can you tell by the E2e's Bar Code Number?

Or, if it's in the new "see-thru" Surefire box?

etc.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Danintex

Enlightened
I think all the newer (<2yrs old) came with the clicky tcap. You might be able to look on the box and see if it says what kind.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think It says on the side of the box,"Push button switch" look at the pic...

Don't know how they identify the twistie on the box.

HTH
AlexGT

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Thanks for the information.

This E2e comes in the new Surefire "see-thru" box, so it likely has the "clicky tailcap."

On the label, all it says is: "Model E2E-HA" (it makes no reference to the tailcap).

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
If it's in the new box (with window), I look at the end of the tail cap.

The LOTC has a rounded metal edge.

The "clickie" has an angular edge, with the black plastic retaining ring just inside that.

oldgrandpajack

DavidTHR

Enlightened
The tailcap of my older E2 has a "DIMPLE" on it, while the tailcap of my L4 (a clicky), does not have a "DIMPLE."

Is the "dimple," or lack thereof, a reliable way to tell the difference between a LOTC and a Clicky tailcap?

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
DavidTHR said:
The tailcap of my older E2 has a "DIMPLE" on it, while the tailcap of my L4 (a clicky), does not have a "DIMPLE."

Is the "dimple," or lack thereof, a reliable way to tell the difference between a LOTC and a Clicky tailcap?

Problem with the dimple, it may not be facing the window, and you'd have to open the box in order to see it. :(

oldgrandpajack