Nuwai TM-301X-3 Impressions please

BobCol

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody
Can someone help me with some real usage impressions of the two-level Nuwai TM-301X-3, particularly with regards of the low setting? For instance, is it useable for walking the dog outside the house in darkness or is it two weak for that? How does it compare with a single AAA? Imputs appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Bob

Luxman

Enlightened
I think its an excellent light. Good throw/spill combination. IMO also very good for walking but is not a flood.. if that is what your after. Low level spot is much brighter than Peak AAA and AA. High level is brighter than QIII. Also mine has very nice white color.

Longbow

Enlightened
I love mine. Low is fine for walking, and high is very bright with nice clean spot and a smooth transition to a nice usable flood. However I am using an IMS 20mm reffector, which is a small (but noticeable) improvement over the stock reflector.

DoubtingBeliever

Newly Enlightened
I've had mine for about 6 weeks now and its has become my "go to" light on most occassions primarily for the 2 stage feature. There are other lights I like better for some applications, but the TM-301X-3 meet a more diverse set of needs more often. I find that the low setting is fine for most uses. Its great to be able to switch quickly to the high setting when more illumination is needed. Mine has a slight green/brown tint on the low setting, but I only notice it when shining on a white wall. In use it is absolutely not a problem. The high setting is very nearly perfectly white. As alway YMMV. Roger

NotASolder

Newly Enlightened
Obligatory question.

Any beam shots? Side by side with Quantum 3? On low, on high?

First post, GREAT site. :wow:

vic303

Enlightened
How's the throw compare to an Inova T3 or XO3? I'm trying to figure out what light I want next, and have been eyeballing the 301-x3 and the 5w 301x (newly released), in addition to the Inovas. I like the little QIII my husband has, but want something with more throw & brightness. I like the 2stage capability on the 301-x3 over the Inovas, and that it has a pocket clip (even a cheapo one is better than none.)