Canadians: New Nexxtech 3W 2AA light coming

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
http://www.thesourcecc.com/estore/Product.aspx?language=en-CA&catalog=Online&category=Flashlights_Luxeon&product=6119091

6119091l.jpg

Coming soon at The Source by Circuit City

NEXXTECH 3-WATT LUXEON ALUMINUM LIGHT - C$59.99

Super bright 3-watt bright white flashlight with extra long life Luxeon Star LED lamp. The Luxeon Star lamp is 10-times brighter than a standard 5-mm LED bulb and offers high power from a very small bulb.Equiped with a machined aluminum case with black annodized finish; a slip resistant grip with wrist strap and a simple 1-button on/off control. Requires 2-AA batteries (not included).

(The Source by Circuit City is the old Canadian Radio Shack.)

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just an FYI:

There is a Nexxtech "1AA" light in circulation (Circut City, I think) which is an interesting light; but despite what is on the package, IT DOES NOT USE AN AA CELL, it uses a CR123 camera battery.

It is possible that the light you have listed uses 2 camera batteries, not two relatively inexpensive and widely available AA cells.

Last edited:

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
I've got one of those 1 watt lights. I'm pretty sure mine said on the package that it used a lithium battery. It's a two stage switch on the barrell near the head. The beam is pretty broad - good for lighting up a whole room/path but probably not so good for lighting things up at a distance. I haven't used it enough th give you any real sense of runtime. It's a bit long for a single 123A light but other than that it might be a good choice for a EDC.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I caught the tail end of a commercial yesterday indicating Home Hardware is now carrying a Luxeon flashlight driven with "AA"'s. It is on my list of things to do today..
(BTW, Canadian Tire has the Thors on sale right now too, half price) :)