LEDs and teeth whitening

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was in Walgreen's yesterday looking for toothpaste and I noticed this package called Ionic White that uses leds to whiten your teeth. What's up with that? At first I thought it was just some $30.00 scam to take my money but when I went to check out I ask the clerk about the product and he said that he had never used the product but his dentist uses leds to whiten his teeth.

Has anyone ever tried this product and if so what can you expect?

Ionic White

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
they use some kinda UV light to speed up the (i think) oxidation process, but its not magic, it just speeds up the chemicals that are doing most of the whitening to begin with.
it is not as much uv, and therfore more safe (consumer), as the dentist really uses.

if you use a tray whitening system, and keep it in long enough you get basically the same results. if you need a light to keep it interesting :) then it works doesnt it .

a person really hasta brush thier teeth anyways right? and the thing doesnt take all that tarter, and food slop you got in them out anyways.
so if you SHOULD, and GOTTA anyways brush your teeth, why not just do it more regularly (like ya supposed to) with some cheap lightweight whitening paste?

you could think of it like a REASON to do what you supposed to do anyways, instead of a quick cheap fix , to turn your teeth into dead wale bones.

Last edited:

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess what they used to whiten teeth before LEDs, electricity, batteries and chemicals? Guess what it ment to have white teeth? :)

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
They used the best source they had for ammonia: urine

Yes, urine.

Which means that people with very white teeth had swished a lot of urine in their mouth.

It also dissolved the enamel on their teeth quite severly, causing tooth damage and decay. So while they may have had white teeth, they didn't have them for very long.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
DOH!!!!!! I didnt expect someone to answer that in 44 minutes. Heard it on the history channel, think it was a urine special or something relating to the bathroom. They have quite a few specials regarding the bathroom, fixtures, plumbing, waste management, water management, etc.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since the cat is out of the bag. THere are lot sof websites on urine thearpy, interesting concept, but I wont subscribe to it.

Do I dare ask why most folks over seas are right handed?

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
cobb said:
DOH!!!!!! I didnt expect someone to answer that in 44 minutes. Heard it on the history channel, think it was a urine special or something relating to the bathroom. They have quite a few specials regarding the bathroom, fixtures, plumbing, waste management, water management, etc.

heh - I think I saw the same show as you did...