X990 Charging question

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Hello all happy X990 owners !

I just received mine from BrightGuy and I have a question about accumulator charging.

In owner manual no detail about the charging method but they say stop charging about 4 hours.
When I connect my charger, universal one 15V DC 2.5 Amp Max, The red led flashing but never stop flashing and never become green as shown on back of the battery.Is it because my battery was full ?

Anybody can explain me the battery charging operation ?

Thanks

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not good!

The light should remain solid red when charging, green when finished.

A flashing red light indicates a problem with the battery (or charger). What happens when you try to charge the other battery?

If you have the same results, I would guess that you have a bad charger. If the other battery doesn't flash, I would guess that you have a bad battery

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Thank's for your fast reply.
In fact, I am a french user and the Mcculloch charger (120VAC 60Hz) are not compatible with my country (220VAC 50Hz).
I have decided to buy a regulated power source. Universal power from 12 to 24 VDC on 2.3 Amp (28W)" a découpage".
My first battery was charging with 15 VDC switch on, but to put on the green led I was obliged to switch on 18 VAC.
After I have put my second battery on the charger, but only the red led flashing.
I have put my first battery again on the charger and again the red led flashing :-((

Other thing, for the first time (When my battery was charged) the red led was flashing for about 30 mn and stay on after for about 1 hour,then the led was off (not green).

Do you think that I can damage my two battery pack ? Or it's a compatibility problem with my charger ?

Can you understand my poor english ?

Thanks again for your attention.
confused.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unrelated to your question, but you got your X990 from Bright Guy? If I am correct in assuming you are in France, he shipped it to you there without any problem?
The last time I checked, Brightguy said they didn't ship internationally. I wonder if he's changed his policy.

Anyway, if so, can you let me know how much you paid for shipping? I believe the X990 set weighs about 14pounds or so..

Graham

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Yes I'm living in France and I have ordered from BrightGuy.
The shipping charge was very high ( $124) and the custom charge too (185 €):-(((
And the delivery delay was only 3 Days !
But I am a Flashlight passionate and my motto was :" when I love I don't count ".

I have about 60 Flashlight and Led Ligh and all are imported from the States and some are ordered from brightguy because it'a very good web shop.
My dream ? A maxa Beam !

tongue.gif