Where to buy a X200???

Marksman

Newly Enlightened
I'm brand new to this forum... so re-direct me to a different thread if it's more appropriate. I'm looking to buy a Surefire X200, likely the "B" model. Anyone have any input (good or bad) regarding this light (especially in comparison to the "A" model)?

I'm gonna mount it on a Beretta 92G, & I think the "B" is slightly shorter overall (although Surefire lists the same dimensions for both models).

What I'm really looking for is the best deal on one & how to avoid paying retail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:thanks:

UVvis

Enlightened
I've played with both a bit.

In general, the A shoots a tighter diamond beam, the B is more of a flood. Aside from that they are basically the same. If the B is shorter is isn't by enough to notice really.

www.Eaglefirearms.net Normally has them in. I've ordered from them in the past, mostly for AR stuff.

Marksman

Newly Enlightened
UVvis said:
I've played with both a bit.

In general, the A shoots a tighter diamond beam, the B is more of a flood. Aside from that they are basically the same. If the B is shorter is isn't by enough to notice really.

www.Eaglefirearms.net Normally has them in. I've ordered from them in the past, mostly for AR stuff.

Do you think the "B" is worth almost $50 more? I've heard that the "A" casts a strange "halo" that serves no real purpose. Have you found this to be the case? Thanks for any advice!

UVvis

Enlightened
To me, yes the B is worth the extra, as it a better handgun light, especially indoors at close ranges. It has a much better beam.

The A has an optic and the B a reflector. You normally get weird halos off optics.

In general, I would quickly trade an A for a B, but wouldn't trade a B for an A.

Edited as I checked surefire's site and realized that the B is listed more. I remember paying about 250 for an A and about 250 for a B so I thought they were the same...

Marksman

Newly Enlightened
I've seen the "A" model for as low as $190 & the "B" for around $210. These seem fairly reasonable to me (especially considering the MSRP). Anyone else have any sources?