Which Inova X series next

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased an Inova X1 at my local target. I like the X quality, I passed on the radiant series lights. I liked the looks of the X5 light. The reviews I have read seem good, but for about twice as much, the XO3 looks very impressive. Does anyone have a suggestion for which one to get next? The availability of going to Target is nice for the try before you buy concept.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
And the correct answer is.........................................................

One of each in the series :)

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
Geddingnight, I don't believe we can "tell you" what light to get next... because we don't know what you task(s) you want it for.

Just like screwdrivers or hammers are not all-purpose tools suited for every purpose, so it is with flashlights.

A few questions to help you/us frame your needs:

Price range? Brightness level? Run-time? Inside use? Outside use? Urban/suburban or rural? Flood/spill? Throw? Pocketable size?

-->> "Customers don't buy quarter-inch drill bits simply because they like quarter-inch drill-bits. They buy 'em because they want quarter-inch holes."

What size/shape/type "holes" do you want to make in the dark?

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
Good point, I didn't say what I wanted it for. I would like an every day belt carry light. It probably won't go in the pocket, too much there now. I want to be able to light things around the house and things near me on walks outside. It doesn't have to be as bright as a magcharger or stinger. Small and well made would be good. Hope I've clarified.

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
After researching on the internet and other threads here, I decided to go with the X5. I went to Target again and picked the whitest beam. They were all close except one. Now that I have it, I like that it's basically the same shape as the X1. I picked up a minimag leather holster and it fits very snugly in it. I liked that holster as you can snap it on your belt easily. Looks like I'll be getting the XO next as it appears to have the same body size/styling.
Is the XO the same size as the X5?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the specs on the X0 vs the X5 make them seem to be of similar size, but the X0 is definately a larger light, though certainly not unmanagable.

I think for someone that does a lot of indoor work and doesn't really need a ton of throw, the X5 is an excellent choice for an EDC. The X0 definately has more throw and is consistantly closer to white than the X5s I've owned, but the batteries definately don't last as long, it's larger, heavier and indoors, I've always found that the X0 has too hot of a hotspot and not enough of a flood. Those that do a lot of large room work and outdoor work, the X0 is hands down better for 95% or more of most applications.