2xPilas a clickie tailcap and a Lux V. Dimmable?

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking of a project to convert a 2x Pila light with a clickie tailcap to a dimmable Lux V BUT I'd like it to be regulated so I don't cook something.

Is this possible? Can I combine something like a uPIC and a Downboy to get the multi levels? Can those programmable thingys work with clickies? And how many inches to the moon? (sorry I got carried away):grin2:

Any insight will be appreciated.
-LT

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come on guys. Nothing on this??? There's got to be something out there that will work.

Help a nut case out will ya? :crazy:

TIA,
-LT

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
Lunal_Tic said:
Come on guys. Nothing on this??? There's got to be something out there that will work.

Help a nut case out will ya? :crazy:

TIA,
-LT

OK, a pair of pila's gives you 7.5 volts, right? That's close to correct, So a uPIC that is essentially a PWM controller will control the duty cycle so that, on average, the LED will have the right voltage. A simple LDO could handle the peak volatges to keep it happy.

Since the downboy is a current regulator, you can't put the Upic between the downboy and the LED. If you put it between the downboy and the battery, you will be supplying a pulsating dc to the downboy which does not sound like a good idea.

Daniel

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not impossible but what you are looking for, I thin georges80 has already. Check out his site for some converter boards he may have.

As a side note, if anyone has some experience in designing buck/boost regulators and would like to hook up with me for the uPIC design of it, please contact me. Thanks.

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
go to taskled.com, get an nflex, 4 rechargeable 123's (total 14-16V), a momentary pushbutton, a LuxV, assemble it all and you are ready to roll.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks mobile1 but this is strictly a 2xPila affair. I need another battery type like I need another hole in my head.

-LT