handlebar mount

TomBrown

Newly Enlightened
Hi:

I'm looking for a certain style of handlebar mount. Does anyone know where I could source a couple of these?

etendue_131.jpg

kaseri

Enlightened
I see there are two different types of mounts on that website. Anyone know which one (if either) will work with a PD ?

cy

Flashaholic
two fish blocks are the best by a large margin!

will easily support a 2C mag

Pic's: FT3C with 150+ lumen red luxeon, will blind in daylight 6hrs runtime
Surefire U2 100+ lumens running 18650 for backup & helmet light.
(Niterider Storm HID for primary, not pictured)

twofish 2.JPG

twofish 3.JPG

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
I have two of the "other" clamps shown in emilion's site, but one of them already broke (after 2-3 weeks of use). I got the chance to see one of those twofish clamps the other day and they look really nice and sturdy, and with the velcro you can attach a variety of sizes of lights without spacers or anything else.

Hikaru

Newly Enlightened
I'd be interested in splitting an order also. There's also the possiblity that my local Performance shop or Nashbar shop might carry them and we could avoid S&H altogether. I can check this weekend if you guys can wait.

Jeff

TomBrown

Newly Enlightened
greenLED said:
I have two of the "other" clamps shown in emilion's site, but one of them already broke (after 2-3 weeks of use).

Same here. I picked up three quick release clamps a few weeks ago. Two are broken. One is still perfect.

Thanks for the help, gents. :)

cy

Flashaholic
what you want is the twofish block set to mount a bike Ulock. this set of three twofish blocks is identical to the single for $8ea. but you get three for $10 on sale.

go to Nashbar.com and search twofish

that's where I got the three twofish clamps you see in my pic's. works great for a helmet light mount too.

my only regret was I only got one set. should have got two sets :D

loalight

Enlightened
Yep, CY, I've been using those little rubber blocks on my bike for a few years now. I also got them for a U-lock mount.. they work perfectly, are lightweight, and compact.

Hikaru

Newly Enlightened
For anyone whose thinking of ordering:

10% off Code: TKA6 Exp 10/31/05.

BTW, I have a SuperGo and Performance around me (not a Nashbar) I'll check them this weekend but neither carries TwoFish on their websites. So Nashbar might be the way to go.

greenLED

Flashaholic
CY, that's sneaky, I like it!
So, the 3 clamps, are the all cyclopclamps? I got confused by loalight's reference to rubber clamps.

Last edited:

cy

Flashaholic
if you purchase the twofish Ulock set. you will get three twofish blocks.

I had the guy at nashbar pull the two part numbers to make sure they both are the same part.

with set you will get two different length straps. which you will need for different sized lights and attachment points.

best $10 I've spent in a while. only drawback is high shipping charges. since I needed a Roadmorph pump and conti tires anyways for a larger order.

Bentheadtx has been using twofish blocks for sometime to mount minimag to helmet and 2D mag to frame

Hikaru

Newly Enlightened
cy said:
if you purchase the twofish Ulock set. you will get three twofish blocks.

I had the guy at nashbar pull the two part numbers to make sure they both are the same part.

with set you will get two different length straps. which you will need for different sized lights and attachment points.

best $10 I've spent in a while. only drawback is high shipping charges. since I needed a Roadmorph pump and conti tires anyways for a larger order.

Bentheadtx has been using twofish blocks for sometime to mount minimag to helmet and 2D mag to frame

Initially, what confused me about your suggestion to get the Ulock set, was that I thought it wouldn't hold the light in the right orientation. I thought it would be 90 degrees off. But then I realized that TwoFish has two models of lock holders: one for the handlebars (TF-LB) and one for the downtube (TF-MB). With the handlebar model you'll get the two mounts which are oriented correctly, but the downtube version is only one block and it's going the wrong way.
Just thought I'd post for anyone else who was confused.

greenLED

Flashaholic
cy said:
only drawback is high shipping charges

Yeah, it's a little odd to pay $5 for a $10 item. If anyone's willing to do a GB, count me in for at least one set. Even if these we re-mailed using Priority Mail, it'd be cheaper.

I just checked shipping from Nashbar:
12 items: $10
6 items: $8
3 items: $6.45
1 item: $5

Maybe I can find a bike light I like... :D

Last edited:

cy

Flashaholic
all three twofish blocks in set are correct orientation.

note straps will be different lengths. 4 long and 2 short straps.

my recomendation is get a set of three for each person. don't split up the set. it's only $10 for a set and you will use them.

I regret not buying two sets. I'll be ordering another set real soon.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Lurveleven, do you have a US-based addy, or would these have to be forwarded to Norway? A large Global Priority envelope is $9, the small one is $4-5 (I forget exactly).

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
They will have to be forwarded to Norway. They can be sent with Airmail letter post for $0.8 each oz.

Sigbjoern