Petzl Tikka, $19 @ Amazon

neogoon

Newly Enlightened
Found this off of a bargains site --

Amazon has the Petzl Tikka headlamp on sale for $18.94. It's the one-mode version with the slide switch; they're probably clearing them out.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Before I'd buy that one, go to your local Target store, plop down $14.99 and buy the River Rock .5w 8mm LED headlamp. Has push clicky, 2 mode lighting, runs on 2AAA batteries, and it is VERY BRIGHT.

Magic

Newly Enlightened
Hmm...I wish that River Rock didn't have the extra strap (3 point strap system) that goes over the top of the head....with a headlamp that lightweight, I'd far prefer the headstrap of the Tikka.

Having owned a Tikka though, I have no doubt you're right the River Rock is better.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
Magic said:
Hmm...I wish that River Rock didn't have the extra strap (3 point strap system) that goes over the top of the head....with a headlamp that lightweight, I'd far prefer the headstrap of the Tikka.

Having owned a Tikka though, I have no doubt you're right the River Rock is better.

Magic: The top strap on the RR headlamp is easily removeable - there is a slot to slip the strap through if you want to take it off.

Latest posts